Honored Contributor

Re: Longing for Fall and Cooler Weather....

bring on the cooler weather.......heck, bring on the super COLD weather!

i will take those anytime over this heat and humidity. i am ready for temperatures 60 or below.

i can pretty much always get warm, but there is only so much you can do to stay cool.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/aa/d0/cb/aad0cbaa5ab8abea43d576c4c4184c56.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Even had this been a nice summer, which it wasn't, it sucked, I would be ready for fall... And I hope it's a nice, long, crisp and cool one... And I hope it gets here soon...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@ciao_bella

I'm in Maryland and it has been hot as the hinges of He!! and humidity like a steam bath.

By this time each year, I'm just tired of feeling sweaty.  As I said on another thread, I try to tell myself the humidity keeps the wrinkles at bay.

DH works outside every day, and I'm retired and mostly inside, so I try not to complain.

But, autumn is my favorite season.  I feel energized and happy.  Hoping it cools down in the next few weeks!

Honored Contributor

Our local weatherman used the four-letter-F-word the other day...F-A-L-L....and he's right. We've been having much cooler weather here and some leaves are changing at the higher elevations. There was snow on Pikes Peak two weeks ago. That's a little early but I'll take it!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I hate the end of summer and sunshine and the long days!  I dread the fall and winter every year. 

Super Contributor

@Sooner:

I'm not a winter person at all.. Snow slush, sleet, lights going out.. See, I was even born in July ( not a winter month )  .. LOL

Yet, living in the northeast all my life you would think I'd be used to it by now.. The last several days has been a killer here.. When the humidity is so high, I try to tell myself it's temporarily, yet, winter weather lasts far longer.. 

As one poster said in this thread, we don't even have spring anymore.. This past April 27th, my daughter got married and it was wickedly cold and it rained.. I was so ticked off

Respected Contributor

Last winter was viciously cold and this summer’s been brutally hot and humid. But I’m not ready for Fall because cooler temps mean ticks!  So after spending any time outdoors you must check for those meanies.

Due to the over abundance of rain here over the last few months, which left tons of puddles, there are tons of mosquitoes. We’re now being attacked by mosquitoes not just at night but during the day, too. Literally tons of them flying around waiting to attack.  Some municipalities are spraying by helicopter. 

Can’t win I guess. Guess you can tell I’m no fan of insects (except honey bees)! 

Honored Contributor

Oh, me too ......  so sick of the heat and unusually high humidity ..... right now a temperature of 70 degrees would be a nice "cold snap" .....   lol

Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday, the humidity here was horrid, too and it was in the 90's. It just sucks the life out of me. I thank God for AC.

I think its suppose to cool down a little bit in the next few days, I sure hope so. I love fall and I can't wait.

Honored Contributor

I dispise Fall. Its just so much work for us getting everything ready for the long, frigid, cold, dreary days of Winter. Ugh. Its such a job to get our property ready, pull the boat out of the water, winterize it. Pull the dock out of the water, powerwash and store it away. Rake, rake, rake the millions of leaves from by beautiful trees. And so on and so on. If I could just sit inside, look out side and enjoy the Fall, then yes I'd love it. But this is life. 

"Pure Michigan"