Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Longaberger coming to QVC

I thought the name sounded familiar.

Their unusual corp building is being made into a hotel.

Cool

23CD6C70-ADC8-4F15-866F-2ED625CB55E2.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I wonder what their angle will be this time.  Perhaps they should focus on utilitarian, well-made, reasonably-priced baskets, rather than expensive collectibles.

Trusted Contributor

@shellbeach I have 2 Longaberger baskets  that are over 20 years old.  I purchased them at parties that a friend had - just like the Tupperware parties.

I didn't know that Longaberger baskets were still being made.

I wonder if the baskets will be a good seller on QVC. 

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

@newjerseygirl   Longaberger baskets have been out of production for a number of years.  A new owner is now trying to resurrect the brand. 

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine they could bring their standards to the level Q requires.

Esteemed Contributor

I have 12 baskets and I am not in the market for any more baskets but their stoneware (which was made by Roseville) is the best.  Two years ago I went on Ebay and purchased a set of their mixing bowls as part of their Christmas gift.  They loved the bowls!  My impression is that the company that is left doesn't have much!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Where I live you see Longaberger baskets at every garage sale. Women can hardly give them away. Getting just a few pennies on the dollar if they sell at all.

This is very curious. I do not see Longaberger-style baskets as an item in home decor. They look dated, for the most part. I have a few baskets in my home, used for storage of throw blankets, dog toys, mail and such. Is this how QVC hopes to lure new, young customers??  Let's see what styles are brought in and at what prices.

ETA: I see that Longaberger will debut on ITKWD. Another non-food item, As David has a very large audience for that show and as he can sell ice to Eskimos, I am sure he will move whatever basket he has to sell.

Honored Contributor

Want to bet they are made in China?  And if it's stoneware, it will be their house brand. 

Regular Contributor

I used to love the Peterborough baskets that the Q used to sell years ago. IMO, I thought they were as nice as the Longaberger, but at a much more  affordable price.

This should be interesting.