Honored Contributor

Shawnie wrote:

Re a smell in the plastic.  Several years ago I received a set that wreaked, kind of like bugspray.  I washed them, still smelled.  I sent them back, ordered another set in a different color and it was just fine.  

Oh wow, that's a drag.  Smiley Sad   Weird how a different color varies.  But now that you mentioned that, since they've had black in some sets I've gotten a couple of sets in black and I notice a very slight difference in the black ones (well, the seals are black - vessels are clear).   But they still seem to work as well, so that's good.   I love black and the black ones are sparkly.  I like!   I have a lot of red and those have always been excellent.

When they very first had colors they didn't have red and I got the first colored set in the old 'tangerine'.  I still use those a ton.  I also have two different shades of purple and those have been very good also.  

The company did originate in South Korea.  I have many of those, a lot of the Chinese ones now, and some that were made in Vietnam.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

I totally agree with everyone.  Sometimes I have a problem with the tabs snapping to close and these are items that I have for awhile.  I must say however QVC customer service was very helpful.  I had one item for almost two years and did not have the receipt. QVC found the receipt for me emailed it to me.  I printed it out and sent the damaged cover to Lock and Lock and it was replaced.  It does have a lifetime guarantee but you must show proof of purchase and return what needs to be replaced to them.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I purchased my first set and they work ok but couldn't get past the smell.  I've tried everything and they still stink and My food picks up the smell....hate them...

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

Can't get past the smell of the plastic on lnl and they make my food smell as well 

@Stray, I've heard several types of criticism about L&L, but this is a new one to me. I've been using the stuff for years (new ones and old ones) and have never even gotten a whiff any plastic-y smell.

@suzyQ3- I have no problem with the mechanisms but mine do smell.  I wouldn't describe it as a plastic smell but a chemical smell.  I can't get rid of it no matter how many washings, vinegar etc.  I don't use them for food any longer but they are handy for storage of different items.  I'll stick to glass. 

Super Contributor
Thanks to these wonderful boards I once was given the following info:
If you can't use your lock n lock, because of broken lid clasps (or other reasons),
here is the contact info:

Lock & Lock CO., LTD
1137 E. 1st St.
Los Angeles, CA 90033
Phone: 844-527-9188
Hours of Operation; Monday to Friday; 10am to 5pm PST

I have phoned them several times with broken lids and they cheerfully replaced each one. Didn't need qvc order# or anything else - just the # on the bottom of container. I usually receive the replacement in 2-4 weeks.
Respected Contributor

@namaste000 wrote:
Thanks to these wonderful boards I once was given the following info:
If you can't use your lock n lock, because of broken lid clasps (or other reasons),
here is the contact info:

Lock & Lock CO., LTD
1137 E. 1st St.
Los Angeles, CA 90033
Phone: 844-527-9188
Hours of Operation; Monday to Friday; 10am to 5pm PST

I have phoned them several times with broken lids and they cheerfully replaced each one. Didn't need qvc order# or anything else - just the # on the bottom of container. I usually receive the replacement in 2-4 weeks.

@namaste000  MANY THANKS...  very helpful.  I have a number of sets, most of them older and still going strong, but I do have 2 lids that need replacing. 

Valued Contributor

I have to say I love my Lock and Locks.  So far no problem with lids or smells. I've had mine for a few years and so far so good.

Trusted Contributor

I have to agree with the opinion that L & L were of better quality

in the past.  I have several that I use every day that store coffee,

and they are still in great shape.  My more recent purchases

have been ok, but they are not as sturdy.

Not only does the snap break but also not freezer free. I wrap the food and put in lock and get freezer burn. It is NOT freezer free.