Esteemed Contributor

Can't get past the smell of the plastic on lnl and they make my food smell as well 

Honored Contributor

They will replace defects WITH proof of purchase.  You must send the item back on your dime though.

Over the years, I have sent 2 lids back.  Both were replaced VERY quickly.  You MUST save your receipt though.  One defect was very old and my QVC order history no longer showed the purchase.  I now ALWAYS save the receipts.

Occasional Visitor

Hi from PA, I have Lock and Lock, i got a set in Copper. the one container I had in the freezr cracked and my

leftover lasagna got freezer burned, so I had to throw it out. I was disapointed int the one copper one, but overall, I like this product

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I never tried lock and lock until about a year ago. So I have no experience with what it might've been like in the past. What I do know is that the tabs of several lids have snapped off, so I've had to throw away several lock and lock containers.  Not impressed.  Can anyone recommend a quality brand of storage containers? 

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

Can't get past the smell of the plastic on lnl and they make my food smell as well 

@Stray, I've heard several types of criticism about L&L, but this is a new one to me. I've been using the stuff for years (new ones and old ones) and have never even gotten a whiff any plastic-y smell.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I have a friend who uses Anchor Hocking glass storage containers.  They do have plastic lids. 

Regular Contributor

I love L&L but lately I'm having tabs that are breaking off when I open them, and it's not because it's cold. I've also noticed that once the tabs gets that white line in the crease of the tab it isn't long before it snaps off. I have a marinated lid that refuses to fit on the bottom. Can't send it back since the 30 days was way over before I took it out of the box. So I rather go to the dollar store and buy a plastic container for $1 that will last  longer than my L&L. It's true what most have stated. It's not the same quality as it use to be. Maybe that is why they don't air it like they use too.

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Honored Contributor

suzyQ3 wrote:

Stray wrote:

@Stray, I've heard several types of criticism about L&L, but this is a new one to me. I've been using the stuff for years (new ones and old ones) and have never even gotten a whiff any plastic-y smell.

Nor have I.    I'm pretty sensitive to smells, too.   

Respected Contributor

Re a smell in the plastic.  Several years ago I received a set that wreaked, kind of like bugspray.  I washed them, still smelled.  I sent them back, ordered another set in a different color and it was just fine.  

Respected Contributor

Lock n Lock used to be made in South Korea.  In the last few years I believe production has shifted to China.  Quality is less in my book.