Regular Contributor

The show with the Roloffs on TLC.  We followed the show from the start, it's a beautiful farm, sad to see it so empty now.  Very very pretty place.

Respected Contributor

Re: 'Little People Big World'

Yes, it's a lovely property.  I look forward to seeing the next wedding there.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I have just recently started watching this show on a weekly basis.  I had caught episodes here and there in the past, but never really followed it.  

The relationship between Matt and Amy is really strained (obviously), but he seems more willing to try to get along and be pleasant.  She is very cold and snarky toward him.  I don't see how they can hold that family farm together with the way the relationship is now.

Honored Contributor

I caught a minute of them on Access Hollywood last night.  Billy Bush asked if the show hurt or helped their marraige.  Matt said the show probably kept them together longer. 

They still are business partners and live seperately on the property. 

Frequent Contributor

I follow the show once in awhile.  I admire Amy teaching in the elementary schools about little people.  I knew she majored in education.  I can't imagine how Matt does as much as he does with his disabilities.  I also found Matt very controlling.  Love the boys, they help out with everything, the girl seems a bit lazy.

Esteemed Contributor

Two of the boys (twins) are married.  The other son just received his GED and has moved in with guy friends.  The daughter is away at college.

Matt's dream is that all the kids eventually return home to the farm and build homes for their families.  Jeremy is planning to do just that in two years. 

I think Amy gets short with Matt because he always made every decision.  She didn't have a lot to say about anything, at least that is what they portrayed on the show.  Matt was put out with Amy because the house was always a pig sty and it was. The kids never did much to help with keeping the house picked up either.  He even hired an organizer to come in on one of the episodes.

They all seem to be free spirits.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs - ITA - but Matt often went behind Amy's back and spent a lot of money on "his" dreams. I always felt Matt was all about Matt, it was all about him. Don't think he ever liked being questioned regarding his projects.  Jeremy seems to have a career and is settling down. Does the other twin work? He didn't seem to have good enough grades to go to college and didn't ever seem focused on anything. 

Honored Contributor

Out of curiosity, I started watching this show with the very first episode.  I found it quite interesting to watch how TLC set up the story of how this family of little people functioned in life with driving, grocery shopping, sports, etc., as well as informing viewers about little people health issues.  I learned a lot about their airway issues during surgery, their skeletal issues, etc.  I stayed interested in the show for probably the first two seasons, and especially enjoyed the episodes involving Matt's parents.   I could never understand how the family lived so casually in such clutter and mess, or why they allowed their messy bedrooms and bathrooms to be filmed and shown on national television.  The children came across as extremely lazy and do-less, Amy always seemed to be looking for an opportunity to leave the farm, and Matt's dominate, overbearing personality became far more noticeable.  Matt's plans always put them farther in debt, and I couldn't understand being okay with that.  My true interest in the show was gone by the time they added the huge addition to the house.  

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Two of the boys (twins) are married.  The other son just received his GED and has moved in with guy friends.  The daughter is away at college.

Matt's dream is that all the kids eventually return home to the farm and build homes for their families.  Jeremy is planning to do just that in two years. 

I think Amy gets short with Matt because he always made every decision.  She didn't have a lot to say about anything, at least that is what they portrayed on the show.  Matt was put out with Amy because the house was always a pig sty and it was. The kids never did much to help with keeping the house picked up either.  He even hired an organizer to come in on one of the episodes.

They all seem to be free spirits.

I remember the house always being a mess.  And it always bugged me that the kids never slept on sheets; just a mattress with a blanket.

Not saying you have to be a complete neat freak, but that house was pretty bad when all the kids were living there.  It seems better now (but not great); I wonder if they finally got a housekeeper, or if things improved with everyone moving out.

Honored Contributor

I think stopped watching when the clutter and messiness just got too much.  All the projects Matt started and never finished would get on my nerves.