Super Contributor

I am a fan of Lisa's--always have enjoyed her presentations and thought she brought a certain something to QVC...something different. I have followed her on Facebook for a while and enjoyed the hints of new products and fashion looks she pulled together and highlighted. I still take a look on her Facebook page now that she's left the Q. But something strikes me --actually as a little sad. Now there are no more product posts of course. And no more fashion looks. And it seems that the posts have become a life of roasted vegetables and exercise routines. Maybe it would be the same for any of us if we needed to post something every day--you just run out of things to talk about. But why not chat about her favorite new finds? interesting books she is reading? Sites that she likes to shop from? just something... I sure am hoping that she settles into something new and interesting soon because I miss the posts that had to do with topics other than veggies, exercise, and holiday décor. I liked the larger than life Lisa--she gave me ideas and items that (while I couldn't always afford) I could be interested in. I miss that.

Trusted Contributor

You sound so sincere.... why don't you post this on her page? Maybe she would like to hear it directly from you.

Esteemed Contributor

Speaking as someone who recently retired, I focused on the same things as Lisa - exercise and cooking - things I didn't have enough time for when I was working. Give her time to enjoy her new found freedom. She will probably return to the things you're talking about but right now she probably needs a break from all that.

Honored Contributor
Lisa has always posted on FB about her exercise "torture" routines , and the roasted veggies she eats. I think following her will likely be more of this as it is an important part of her life. Of course she will no longer post about fashion as she is no longer selling. I wish Lisa the best in her future.
Occasional Contributor
On 1/7/2015 srgtdj said:

I am a fan of Lisa's--always have enjoyed her presentations and thought she brought a certain something to QVC...something different. I have followed her on Facebook for a while and enjoyed the hints of new products and fashion looks she pulled together and highlighted. I still take a look on her Facebook page now that she's left the Q. But something strikes me --actually as a little sad. Now there are no more product posts of course. And no more fashion looks. And it seems that the posts have become a life of roasted vegetables and exercise routines. Maybe it would be the same for any of us if we needed to post something every day--you just run out of things to talk about. But why not chat about her favorite new finds? interesting books she is reading? Sites that she likes to shop from? just something... I sure am hoping that she settles into something new and interesting soon because I miss the posts that had to do with topics other than veggies, exercise, and holiday décor. I liked the larger than life Lisa--she gave me ideas and items that (while I couldn't always afford) I could be interested in. I miss that.

I agree and have tried to convey the same message only to be called a bully, troublemaker..and been put through the ringer because I commented in a negative way about the queen Lisa. I believe maybe that glamorous person on air was a front and maybe now she wants to try to get back to being an ordinary person. I hope people are kinder to you on this topic than they were me!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Thanks MYOB. I know the solution is an easy one--I can just stop looking in on her facebook page. And I have. For me the nonstop conversation about eating veggies and working out loses appeal fast. So, it's just not the page for me. I am sure it is of interest to many others. I find that the other hosts tend to share a variety of things about their lives--then again they all have families so maybe that makes it difference. I have no doubt that Lisa will resurface in a more visible way and things will change yet again. I am not a Lisa basher or a Lisa fanatic. I find her interesting but wouldn't trade my life for any part of hers.

Trusted Contributor

Danky.... good point.

Honored Contributor

Maybe meals, exercise and home décor are what she enjoys when she is not at work, and now she finally has time to talk about what appeals to her rather than trying to promote QVC.

Honored Contributor

I can't for the life of me, figure out WHY in the world does anyone feel the need to post about their lives for god and everyone to see on Facebook!!!???? What a huge chore she must feel trying to pull stuff out of her...........hat to post. I'm not on FB, have no desire to be on FB and wonder where all this info will end up someday. Everyone says it's safe and you can do things to prevent this or that---you mean like how Sonys internet privacy was safe??? Sorry but I just don't get it!!!

Trusted Contributor

I suspect Lisa is in a "transition" period between leaving QVC and the beginning of her next career. She may be in a holding pattern due to a "non-compete" arrangement or other legal restraints and limitations following her resignation from QVC. So she's vacationing and talking about routine daily doings since she can't discuss big new things on the horizon.

That will change, I am sure.