Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry.  I apologize.  I guess I must have had her on my brain.  I don't think much about Lisa R anymore.  I thought she was lovely, but gone is gone so I don't think about her.

I do wonder what she's doing for money these days.  She must have been very thrifty when she worked.

I do hope she is well and enjoying life.  Again, I'm sorry.

Respected Contributor

I think she does all those things on her Facebook page for a couple of reasons. First it is to keep her QVC  fans  interested. Second She is doing travel commentary,award show group chats,fashion pics,exercise videos,cooking,decorating,and sit down interviews with Q people because she is essentially making a visual resume to get a job. It's artfully mastered to appear to be doing it all for her "tribe" of followers,but it is really to further her career.  

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

Wow, apparently she still has the power to bring out the worst in some folks!!  Sad.

So, giving an opinion which says nothing derogatory about the person - nothing about looks or personality, nothing personally nasty, but an opinion on a FB page and how and why it is orchestrates it as it is, and commentary that she doesn't seem to have a concrete plan or source of income *based on her FB page*, is "the worst"?

*That's* sad, that an obsessive fan can't handle any speculation or perceived nastiness without personal attacks, when no *personal* attack was made.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I could be wrong (happens every day!Smiley), but I don't believe many people outside the QVC audience knows who Lisa Robertson is.  And since there are so many interviewers out there on tv and on the internet, most celebrities or businesses likely would go with someone with a broader audience.  I did watch one of her videos after seeing it recommended on a thread here,  and I thought she did a nice job -- but this was with someone with whom she already has a friendship.  I just believe her audience is limited (it's large, but relatively limited) and so her choice of interview candidates is limited.

@dooBdoo

I think you are absolutely correct.  I don't think anyone other than someone who watches home shopping would have any idea of who she is. 

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

Wow, apparently she still has the power to bring out the worst in some folks!!  Sad.

So, giving an opinion which says nothing derogatory about the person - nothing about looks or personality, nothing personally nasty, but an opinion on a FB page and how and why it is orchestrates it as it is, and commentary that she doesn't seem to have a concrete plan or source of income *based on her FB page*, is "the worst"?

*That's* sad, that an obsessive fan can't handle any speculation or perceived nastiness without personal attacks, when no *personal* attack was made.

Ah yes, throw in the "obsessive fan" accusation.  Bwahahaha.

How about she does it because she wants to?  How about she does it because it does keep her fan base and she has plans?  Why would any of that be a bad thing?  How about why should anyone who supposedly doesn't like LR or believe she has any plans even care what she's doing on facebook?

Maybe she does it to give some people reason to continue to gossip about her and you've all been played?

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

Ah yes, throw in the "obsessive fan" accusation.  Bwahahaha.

How about she does it because she wants to?  How about she does it because it does keep her fan base and she has plans?  Why would any of that be a bad thing?  How about why should anyone who supposedly doesn't like LR or believe she has any plans even care what she's doing on facebook?

Maybe she does it to give some people reason to continue to gossip about her and you've all been played?

Who said any of it was a bad thing? I don't think anyone did. A boring thing. A puzzling thing. But no one said bad. You interpret boring and puzzling as "bad."

Hardly "played", as several have said they weren't much interested in purchasing what she was selling when she was on QVC and would not be interested now, me included. Not because we disliked her but because her personality would not sell us something we were not interested in. 

LOL it's not like people are spreadin' the news on FB, or here, about someone who only occasionally and in passing even registers on our radar. It's not that anyone has to follow her closely or often, it's that what she's posting never varies. What she posted three months ago is what she posts today.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa R's interviews

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

I could be wrong (happens every day!Smiley), but I don't believe many people outside the QVC audience knows who Lisa Robertson is.  And since there are so many interviewers out there on tv and on the internet, most celebrities or businesses likely would go with someone with a broader audience.  I did watch one of her videos after seeing it recommended on a thread here,  and I thought she did a nice job -- but this was with someone with whom she already has a friendship.  I just believe her audience is limited (it's large, but relatively limited) and so her choice of interview candidates is limited.

Yes, I think you are totally correct. I had never heard of her until I started coming to the QVC forums a few years back. My friends do not watch QVC nor do they participate in the forums here and have no idea who she is, even when I show them a picture of her.

I don't like or dislike her as I don't know her so can't make an opinion on her- I have no feelings one way or another- but it is fascinating how she is so polarizing. I have no idea why. Why hate her so much? Or why Love her so much?

Valued Contributor

I am talking about Lisa Robertson who used to be a QVC host. You are talking about Lisa Rinna who is on Housewives and also has a fashion line on QVC. Different Lisas!

Honored Contributor

Many of my friends don't even know what QVC is, much less who LRob (so as to not confuse with LRin) is.

Honored Contributor

The "interviews" she does are not all that great.

I don't know if she's getting paid for them or she's hoping to land a job with them...