Trusted Contributor
So sorry to hear this...prayers to both of them.
Super Contributor

Heartbreaking to hear this, I wish them both the best of health and happiness.

Super Contributor
I went to her FB Page and didn't see the post. (?)
Honored Contributor
On 10/20/2014 sunshine45 said:

this is bad news......if any of you who have known someone with this type of cancer it is not one that is easily treatable. my sister lost her fiance within less than a year of finding out he had esophageal cancer.

Thank you all for your words of support and love. My husband has stage four esophageal cancer which has spread. Other than slight difficulty swallowing a few months back, no symptoms at all. I sincerely beg you...if you or someone you know has untreated acid reflux disease or has problems swallowing, please, please see a doctor. NOW. A simple endoscopy is all that's needed. The tumor in his brain is gone...now we treat the esophagus. We have a long road. But we live by our faith and trust in The Lord. Thank you and love you all.

Oh dear. I haven't been on Facebook, so I didn't see this update. I agree, this has a bad prognosis.

sunshine45, I'm so sorry about your sister's fiance.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
On 10/21/2014 benzgirl said: I went to her FB Page and didn't see the post. (?)

are you friends with her on facebook? if not, you wont be able to see the post.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor
On 10/21/2014 dooBdoo said:
On 10/20/2014 sunshine45 said:

this is bad news......if any of you who have known someone with this type of cancer it is not one that is easily treatable. my sister lost her fiance within less than a year of finding out he had esophageal cancer.

Thank you all for your words of support and love. My husband has stage four esophageal cancer which has spread. Other than slight difficulty swallowing a few months back, no symptoms at all. I sincerely beg you...if you or someone you know has untreated acid reflux disease or has problems swallowing, please, please see a doctor. NOW. A simple endoscopy is all that's needed. The tumor in his brain is gone...now we treat the esophagus. We have a long road. But we live by our faith and trust in The Lord. Thank you and love you all.

Oh dear. I haven't been on Facebook, so I didn't see this update. I agree, this has a bad prognosis.

sunshine45, I'm so sorry about your sister's fiance.

thank you doobdoo......they are going to need a lot of prayers, positive energy, and support!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

benzgirl, To see the posts on this page you have to be logged into your Facebook account. It looks like the privacy is set to "Shared with Lisa's friends":

https://www.facebook.com/lisa.mason.3781?fref=nf

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

benzgirl, To see the posts on this page you have to be logged into your Facebook account. It looks like the privacy is set to "Shared with Lisa's friends":

DooB....I am on FB and even "Liked" her page, but don't see where she has recently posted about Gino's prognosis. The last pic I see is a black and white of her and Gino but I think it was taken last summer. Just trying to figure out where a couple of you ladies saw this. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor
On 10/21/2014 benzgirl said:

DooB....I am on FB and even "Liked" her page, but don't see where she has recently posted about Gino's prognosis. The last pic I see is a black and white of her and Gino but I think it was taken last summer. Just trying to figure out where a couple of you ladies saw this. Smiley Sad

You're right. There's something odd with the link.

Try this one, because it allows you to "friend" rather than "like." Her last couple of posts require you to be a "friend" of the page. There must be some settings on a public figure page that I don't understand:

https://www.facebook.com/lisa.mason.3781?fref=ts

Honored Contributor

it is on her main personal page and you have to be friends with her to see it....it is lisa mason (new york, new york) and she is wearing a little black dress and sitting down in her profile pic)