Esteemed Contributor

Like Living In A Snow Globe............

It has been snowing since Sunday mid morning.  It is not coming down in buckets but geez, someone stop shaking the darn globe.

I feel horrible for the folks that got multiple feet of snow.  I think we have a paltry 14 inches, but it is still coming so we may get a couple more. It is less than I expected but still a pain in the neck.

DD said one of the young (8 mos.) stray cats we feed, a stub tail fluffy gray dude, was having a ball in the snow, while she shoveled. Like humans, it fun when you are young.

As an aside, does anyone remember using wax paper on the runners of their sleds to go faster. It worked, we went like a bat out of you know where.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Like Living In A Snow Globe............

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

It has been snowing since Sunday mid morning.  It is not coming down in buckets but geez, someone stop shaking the darn globe.

I feel horrible for the folks that got multiple feet of snow.  I think we have a paltry 14 inches, but it is still coming so we may get a couple more. It is less than I expected but still a pain in the neck.

DD said one of the young (8 mos.) stray cats we feed, a stub tail fluffy gray dude, was having a ball in the snow, while she shoveled. Like humans, it fun when you are young.

As an aside, does anyone remember using wax paper on the runners of their sleds to go faster. It worked, we went like a bat out of you know where.

lol, @CrazyKittyLvr2 .  I don't live where it snows but the waxed paper brought back memories of using it on slides and pool slides to zip down.  Thanks for the fun memory!

Respected Contributor

I tried to post a pic I took last night out my bedroom window ("file too big", even when I reduce it to "small")...anyway...it looked like we were living in a snow globe for sure!

I've tried to get a read on what we got here in southern Ct/shoreline...but it started middle of the night/early morning Sunday, and started to let up maybe around 10pm last night. At one point I facetimed someone to say....is it EVER going to stop?

It might have been a wet something overnight, because by morning...some of it seemed lower on the deck and railing etc. 

I did catch up on a lot of Season 5 of Gilmore Girls on Netflix. Smiley Happy

I never put wax paper on our sleds to go faster. My best sledding memories all took place with my aluminum saucer...remember those?

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom  You are welcome.  We lived on a street on a hill, great for sledding. My sister and I were just talking about how one kid would be at the bottom to stop traffic on the cross street.

Also, who thought putting a slide on an asphalt playground was a grand idea. lol  You are right, wax paper work great...........until you hit the asphalt the wrong way. I guess that is why we had plenty of Iodine and BandAids.

Esteemed Contributor

@amyb   Oh yeh they were fun.  Waxed those too.  My poor Mom, in the winter she was always looking for her roll of waxed paper.

Honored Contributor

In 60's here, gonna be 72' Wed.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE : No snow but currently 47 with winds 20 mph. I have been cold all day and not going outside.

Respected Contributor

I have a love/hate relationship with snow.  It is SO PRETTY, but I don't like to shovel or drive in it.   (I like it more now that we have a reliable snowplow service.)

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

@SouthernBee : 47? That's beach weather here! We are at the western end of NY state so we didn't get the snow from the big storm yet but it's supposed to get here today and tonight. We are only supposed to get a couple of inches though. Rats! I love snow!❄️☃️

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I would gladly pay you for a foot of that snow!😁 I am currently in Costa Rica, and it is a MISERABLE 90 degrees, with a breeze that is somewhat helpful.😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖