Honored Contributor

Feeling more and more like this lately....

738A35B3-41F9-422D-A2A0-7B308DD23B83.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Amen!

Honored Contributor

What works for me is to behave in a way that completely confuses and repels anyone who wouldn't wish me well. It's kind of like a forcefield of wellbeing.

No matter what you do there will always be people who dislike you, so just make sure all of them are folks you want to repel.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Re: Life is Too Short...

[ Edited ]

My physical contact with other humans is very lmiited. I am able to avoid the 'happiness suckers' who might try to communicate with me via phone or internet.  They are easily identified by their nics on this board or caller ID on the phone.   

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Too True !!!!!!   Its why I screen my calls....when I have a weekly chat with a family member I light a candle and center myself with positive light, holding rose quartz for Love helps me too....I came to the realization that I should pray for her bc she cannot see the many blessings she has in her life.......Actually it just occurrs to me that I need to do that for someone else in my life !!!   Practice what you're preachimg WithaK !!!!    lol

Trusted Contributor

1,000X YES !!!!!

Respected Contributor

@wilma wrote:

Feeling more and more like this lately....

738A35B3-41F9-422D-A2A0-7B308DD23B83.jpeg

I know what you mean, and I live alone. Woman Tongue

When I saw the title of this thread, I finished in my head, " . . . to leave all that chocolate in the supermarket, unbought and unappreciated." And I'm not even a chocolate nut. I think my attempt to keep my blood sugars down is telling on me. Even getting a morning reading of 100 is not offsetting the lure of rich, dark chocolate. Especially with rasperry cream.

Back to the issue, I feel for you. I had a relative who could drain all the happiness in a room within two minutes of arriving. Made her feel good when others felt bad. Don't know how to deal with people like that apart from leaving, and if you can't leave and you can't sing "shaddup ya face" at them at top volume, you're in a tough spot. Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know anyone  who sucks the happiness out of me.

Where are these crazies?

Honored Contributor

After about 8 months of restrictions, I've almost lost my ability for small talk, have less patience for B.S. in general. Without seeing people's expressions on their faces, I'm doubting if they're smirking or smiling. Social interactions have been quite limited. 

Life's always been short...shorter now since the future can be uncertain. People who suck out my happiness? I got them out of my life many years ago. Why waste my time? 

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I don't know none who sucks the happiness out of me.

Where are these crazies?

@Carmie   It's about perception and control.

Either we accept people for who they are as we would want to be accepted or we go through life not realizing that sometimes we are the ones who actually suck.

Detachment is a difficult but not impossible thing to do; but recognizing our unrealistic expectations is something many do not even see, let alone work through.

jmoymmv

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh