New Contributor

Re: Let’s guess why QVC shipping is so slow!

I have been waiting for 2 items for a month. Also been waiting on refunds for 3 months
Esteemed Contributor

I still have 2 items pending and in the meantime, days after, I ordered an item from HSN and that is already at my PO to be delivered.  HSN is so much faster than QVC. I used to be a big QVC customer, but now only order what I absolutely need or want.  Most of my ordering is on HSN, they are so much better and non of the sillyness from host like on QVC.  HSN gets to the discription of the item, not like on the Q where you keep waiting to hear about the item and they talk around it. At least that has been my experience.

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear 

@jackthebear wrote:

all funny comments aside

as a company, they have no incentive to improve,

a customer can't cancel an order if it doesn't ship in a timely manner (covid aside), so their money is safe.

yet people keep buying 

You are so right. HSN gives you quite a few hours to cancel.

Even QVCwebsite is screwed up.  I now only order if I can't get it else where.

Have two items in preparing to send and ordered from HSN days after and already in PO to be delivered today. My QVC two still not sent.

Really want those items, but couldn't cancel if i wanted.  Also, on the Q you sometime can't get CS, but always on HSN.

Respected Contributor

They're using snail mail with actual snails

Esteemed Contributor

If it makes anyone waiting for a qvc delivery feel better, my package arrived pretty darn quick from qvc.  I think I ordered about a week ago and received everything except my waitlist item, which I don't expect right now.  

Super Contributor

Honored Contributor

@carlycat wrote:

I ordered a dress from Target and it came in 2 days. I ordered a top from HSN and it came in 5 days. Every so often a package from QVC shows up and I have no idea what it is, because it was so long ago I ordered it.

Why? Other places aren’t having these corona problems. Let’s speculate.

1. Their new distribution center isn’t air conditioned and people quit.

2. Their computer programmers put a bug in the system that adds six weeks to every order.

3. Every order passes through Mike George’s home first.

4. Bonuses are paid based on length of time package is in the distribution center.

5. QVC needed to raise their bottom line by increasing shipping costs so they chose slowest possible delivery methods, including pack mule. 

@carlycat 

Well, just to balance things out ....  not too long ago I ordered something on Sunday night.   I'm in the greater Los Angeles area.   The package arrived on Tuesday afternoon.  Seriously.  The package came from their Ontario, CA warehouse, but still .... I sure was impressed.

Respected Contributor

I keep posting this but anyway there's no guess work needed.  When you place an order, your order is then defaulted to the 3.50 shipping method.  This has VERY low priority.

ANY time I place an order, on the check out page down a bit it shows the shipping and there's an edit drop down arrow.  Hit that and three choices are there.  The first one is the 3.50 defaulted one.  The SECOND one is EXPRESS shipping.  That one is 12.50.  Yes, the shipping is on you AND me.  BUT I get my orders in two days UPS ALL THE WAY.  The third choice is overnight. Of course I don't use that. 

Now.  It is what it is.  If you don't want to pay for the shipping then you have to wait and wait and wonder.  Yes a lot of sites or merchants take up the shipping but you have to on here. 

Once in a while you may get lucky with the 3.50 one but not very often and the extra shipping is broken down into the easy pays so for me, it's worth it.  It's just up the the individual.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I worked at a post office station for a few years after retiring.

Q ships by the cheapest possible method for most products - parcel post. It's the slowest and lowest priority type of mail.  

For most retailers, this requires 3rd parties to pick up products and move them from post office to post office. Those 3rd parties aren't going to do it unless it's profitable so mail can sit for days at any one location. 

Before I retired, one of my responsibilities was running an incoming and outgoing mail dept for a huge international corporation - 7,000 employees in my location alone.

• Contracts with USPS, UPS, and FedEx reduced the cost of parcel post to pennies on the dollar.
  • Contracts also significantly reduced the costs of 1st Class, Priority, and Overnight mail. 
  • Shipping under a corporate contract is pennies compared to what you and I pay at the post office.  

Q is taking the super cheap way out and their financial reports shows they profit from shipping costs consumers pay.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't had any problems with slow shipping. In fact, I placed an order on 8/25 and received it Sunday 8/29.