Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 

My other half and I processed all the paperwork for the TSA precheck in late March I got my clearance letter a week later, his took 1 month more than mine even though we were there together

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Wow. 

And here I was feeling a little salty because they've been working on my TSA PreCheck renewal for a little over a month. Good thing it doesn't expire until September!

I didn't do any paperwork. It's a renewal. All done on-line. You answer a handful of questions, pay the fee, and that's it. I got an e-mail with a link confirming they had the info, and I can check the status through the link. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg  going through a lawyer sometimes costs a lot more and also takes longer because most people would make monthly payments and he wants to make sure he get all of his money.

My sister who isn´t a lawyer has done this for her friends. The only fees are what INS charges. People are scared to do the paperwork themselves because they are afraid they will mess it up. It´s not that complicated.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@Nuttmeg  going through a lawyer sometimes costs a lot more and also takes longer because most people would make monthly payments and he wants to make sure he get all of his money.

My sister who isn´t a lawyer has done this for her friends. The only fees are what INS charges. People are scared to do the paperwork themselves because they are afraid they will mess it up. It´s not that complicated.

it can get VERY complicated.....it really depends on the circumstances and the individual case.....and where the person or persons are located at the time.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein