Respected Contributor

Just received e mail saying our green card renewals ‘are now being processed’ .

We paid our $540.00 each, completed forms, fingerprinted, etc., done all the necessary on May 7th last year.  As they told us it would take 6 mos began to wonder what’s happening but hopefully may get them in ‘another month’ -

They did place an extension 1 year sticker on back of our card but it is getting near the end of that too.

Just seems a long time -  1 year - to renew green card.

Respected Contributor

Wow. 

And here I was feeling a little salty because they've been working on my TSA PreCheck renewal for a little over a month. Good thing it doesn't expire until September!

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

A green card cost over $500? Smiley Surprised

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac   To renew ours was $540 each not sure what you pay when you get your first one.

We have had ours for years can remember paying $50 and then $100 to renew - not now - sign of the times.

Honored Contributor

Re: Legal Again!

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

A green card cost over $500? Smiley Surprised

it costs much more than $500 initially......lots of forms to fill out and it also depends if you are already in the USA or outside of the USA at the time of application.

it costs even  more than that if you have to get a lawyer involved......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Legal Again!

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac  that´s for the renewal. Someone I know just paid the fee of 1,200 to file for her husband´s green card. Plus there are other fees involved and the work permit which is good for a year costs over $100.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich 

@sunshine45 

@Sage04 

Thank you all.  I must admit, I thought green cards were FREE!   

doh.gif

Now I understand why there are so many sham marriages regarding green cards.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac, you made me laugh. No, no, no it´s not free.

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 

My other half and I processed all the paperwork for the TSA precheck in late March I got my clearance letter a week later, his took 1 month more than mine even though we were there together

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Wow. 

And here I was feeling a little salty because they've been working on my TSA PreCheck renewal for a little over a month. Good thing it doesn't expire until September!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@Mz iMac  that´s for the renewal. Someone I know just paid the fee of 1,200 to file for her husband´s green card. Plus there are other fees involved and the work permit which is good for a year costs over $100.

@Mz iMac 

I know a family of four who paid $25K to have the paperwork processed by an attorney.