Respected Contributor

Confused here.  Which set of grand parents is he refering to? As the saying goes Everyone's intitled to Two. Is the Grandson Left Handed?  Did you ask him point blank "What's it to you?"  I would have been exreemely interested to know Where/ from whom did he get the idea that he NEEDED to know there were left handed people in his bloodline.  Was he happy about it?

Honored Contributor

Now I am right handed but there are a few things I do left handed and cannot do right handed.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@qbetzforreal 

He is not around us that often as he lives in another state and we’ve not physically been around him the last three years. I just don’t think most people and especially kids tend to focus on which hand a person uses. At least I don’t.

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

@Carmie 

My son and DIL were in their kitchen discussing my 54th wedding anniversary coming this Monday. My grandson was there too when my son brought up the crazy Italian southpaw and the American southpaw being together so long. My grandson has never paid attention to which hand Pops and I favor or use. Why would he? Anyway, the poor boy (13) is going through puberty only to find out his grandparents are from another planet…or something.

@Malcontent   LOL  Which one would that be??  Pazzo or pazza? LOL

Too funny.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@candys mine 

My grandson is not left handed however his Pops and I (his paternal grandparents) are both left handed. He had heard his father mention that his crazy Italian ‘southpaw’ mother and his American ‘southpaw’ father will be married 54 years this Monday.

My dad was also left handed though my grandson was 7 months old when he died.

Anyway, no one else on both sides of the families is left handed. My DIL did ask him if he had heard anything negative about left handed people and he said no, but he just thinks it’s weird that we are.

Valued Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I was naturally left-handed, but I was "changed" by my mother and grade school teachers.    I am now ambidextrous, except for a right-hand signature.

My father was left handed but had great penmanship.  He even held a pen the way a right handed person would without that upside down look when holding a pen.  When I was little I started to have lefthanded tendencies but my mother broke me of the habit.  She could see that it's a right handed world and saw the problems my father had with scissors, etc.  I'm right handed, have great penmanship, and don't think it's harmed me in any way. 

Honored Contributor

I'm left-handed, but am the only one in my family (well, AFAIK, since we never knew any secondary fam members).

My husband is also left-handed, but he's one of the ones who writes with his hand all twisted up over the pen.  That always looked painful to me and I am glad I never had to do that.  It took me decades to figure out why some people do that.

I like not being like everybody else so left-handedness is perfect for me.  

I think about the only thing I've not experienced is meeting another left-handed Scorpio.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@MalcontentTell him to blame it on Daddy. Man Happy  But really, It's a great opportunity to delve into Great Lefties in History.  Something interesting to fill an afternoon.  When he's older he can do a science fair project on the subject.  Have fun with it.

Variety is the spice of Life.

Honored Contributor

I always heard that left-handed people are known to be very creative, I guess due to that 'right brain left brain' stuff.

Oddly, of course, I'm fully left-handed and have never been creative a day in my life.  I'm more of a clinical thinker and a figurer outerer.  Smiley Very Happy  If you give me the creative stuff I can do something with it, but I just don't think it up on my own.

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

@qbetzforreal 

He is not around us that often as he lives in another state and we’ve not physically been around him the last three years. I just don’t think most people and especially kids tend to focus on which hand a person uses. At least I don’t.

If it's a fellow lefty, that's the first thing I notice!