Respected Contributor

Re: Leaky Outdoor Faucet - Help!

We had a leaky outdoor spigot but the problem was further in and had to be accessed through a closet wall.

I hope yours is an easy fix, it depends on how the plumbing is set up.

Trusted Contributor

Go to Lowe's/Home Depot and get an adapter with a shut off valve you can just attach to the end of the faucet or hose. They're just a few dollars. Or if you have a hose and a spray nozzle, just attach the nozzle and leave it in the closed position.

www.lowes.com/Outdoors/Watering-Irrigation-Drainage/Garden-Hoses-Accessories/Water-Shut-Offs/_/N-1z0...

Respected Contributor

I have a shut off valve on my facet outside and just happened to look over there and I had a mountain of ice around the facet and going down to the ground. I don't feel like I left it on but I can't get the ice off, there is so much, I may have to call a plumber. It is supposed to get to 57 tomorrow and I can go look again. I hope it hasn't backed up into the house.

Respected Contributor

luvmyteddy, better check on this to make sure it doesn't rupture from being frozen you will have water in your home for sure.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks everyone for the good ideas. I rent, so I have to be careful. I can't turn the shut off valve, it's super tight. I'll research it and hopefully find an easy cure.

Thanks again for all the good suggestions. I always know people here are so informative.

Respected Contributor

On 1/15/2015 DARING GREATLY said:

Thanks everyone for the good ideas. I rent, so I have to be careful. I can't turn the shut off valve, it's super tight. I'll research it and hopefully find an easy cure.

Thanks again for all the good suggestions. I always know people here are so informative.

Why haven't you called your landlord since you rent from them? They are responsible for any repairs. Give them a call!!!

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

On 1/15/2015 DARING GREATLY said:

Yes, I agree, you should call your landlord. If it is not fixed, it could cause major problems.