Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Hi HennyPenny!  Smiley Happy     

I was wondering if maybe some people use high heat with these pots.  That might be a cause of staining.

High heat is just a bad idea and, besides, you don't even need high heat with pots that retain heat so well.    I imagine when presentations are shown, that isn't information that is shared.

@chickenbutt  You are correct and high heat is not recommended for LeCreuset.

Enamel can stain even without high heat; depends upon what type of food you are cooking, too.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I have two dutch-oven pieces, one small and one med/large, and a great skillet. No stains except a few heat stains on the bottom from coils on my stove, which don't seem to affect the pot.  Just give it character,

I don't use high heat under the pots.  Let heat build gradually, low to medium, and the moderate eartly heat automatically increases when the lid goes on.  They do sear well, but mainly they are famed for even slow braising. 

I scrub mine with one of those yellow sponges with a teflon bottom, but let the pan soak a minute or two to release any crusty build-up.  (These pans will rust if soaked too long in water.)

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt, I must confess, sometimes I get in a hurry and will turn the stove up a bit too much when browning meats. Not often, as I know better.

Someone said they thought a bit of staining adds character, I agree.----lol

Respected Contributor

FYI, there's a Le Creuset TSV coming up in December.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Frequent Contributor
Le Creuset is wonderful. I have many pieces. The cast iron is,made in France. There are other brands that are good but LeCreuset is the top performer. Pricewise QVC has had some good deals on some pieces. I imagine that David likes and uses LeCreuset because it's the best and it cooks wonderfully.
Honored Contributor

I have quite a collection of LC cookware.  I haven't

used all the pieces in a couple years...they are so heavy for me.  I have one i call the baby nath, lol!  I get ths one out once a year to slow cook tomatoes down in for pasta sauce from the garden.  It is so heavy my husband has trouble lifting it out of oven.    It bends the rack.  Lately, I have had need for a certain size saute pan so I got my 11 inch LC skillet out.  I missed it so much , cooks so beautifully.i forgot how well it cooks!! 

about the cleaning.  Mine have all been like teflon, never a problem, never.  I do know I did ruin my first dutch oven a bit because of cooking on high heat, with no oil.  Ouch.  Brown spots.  I scoured, soaked, scrubbed to no avail.  I went to le crueset store and they gave me some hints and a cleaner, which is a clay based cleaner.  That helped a great deal, but didn't get all the brown out....but it still cooks well.

most of my LC I cook on med heat, never higher.  I preheat for at least 5 mins.  Then depending what I am cooking I add oil or not.  When I am finished cooking I fill with soapy water and let sit while I finish cooking and eating.  From there I just rinse and wipe out.  Really, it is like cooking in teflon.  I never jave trouble with outside,