Respected Contributor

I love and adore my le creuset. Some from my mother's home, and others I have bought.

A couple have a bit of discoloration inside. If I feel like it I will occasionally use some baking soda. It is no biggie. Just ignore, or clean if it bothers you. 

These pots are work horses, and will outlive you.

They are made in France, not China as are others being sold.

Honored Contributor

I wonder what is causing staining for some.    I'm just curious because I've had mine for a number of years and none of them have any staining.

As for general cleaning, I just use hot water and dish soap.   If something scorched a bit on the bottom I just let it soak with some hot water and dish soap for a short while and it will fall right off.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt, Some of mine are fifty or sixty years old, some maybe fourty. 

Occasionally I see a bit of darkening of the light interior. It doesn't bother me in the least, and I don't know what causes it. I use mine for chili's, and stews and bean soups etc-braising meats etc. 

I wash in good hot soapy water and know that they are clean.

If I forget to stir the beans and they scorch a bit on the bottom I use one of those nylon pad thingees to get it off. or just soak a bit.

Contributor

Thank you... I wanted to be sure I didn't scratch it.  It is beautiful!

Honored Contributor

Hi HennyPenny!  Smiley Happy     

I was wondering if maybe some people use high heat with these pots.  That might be a cause of staining.

High heat is just a bad idea and, besides, you don't even need high heat with pots that retain heat so well.    I imagine when presentations are shown, that isn't information that is shared.

Contributor

I will give Bar Keepers a try.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Hi HennyPenny!  Smiley Happy     

I was wondering if maybe some people use high heat with these pots.  That might be a cause of staining.

High heat is just a bad idea and, besides, you don't even need high heat with pots that retain heat so well.    I imagine when presentations are shown, that isn't information that is shared.

@chickenbutt  That's exactly the problem.  People tend to heat these things on screaming high heat and it burns food on.  They really need to be heated on no more than medium heat.  They conduct heat really well.

I haven't had that problem except once when some other person cooked a meal and ruined a pot by putting on too high heat.  I was not happy about that.  I love this cookware!  You just have to read the instruction book and follow it.  They normally clean up like a dream!!!!

Respected Contributor

Just so there is no confusion, the pans are made in France but the ceramic ware is made in China. 

Esteemed Contributor

No screaming hot temps here.  It's so large have only used it for corned beef and stew in the oven at 325 degrees.  Stain is not terrible but does take some scrubbing which other pots don't.....which I really didn't expect.

Respected Contributor

The key to cooking in LC enameled cast  iron without food sticking is preheating the pan a little bit before adding oil, let it heat further, and only THEN add meat or other foods to the pot.