Contributor

How do you clean these pots?  I can't get the stains out of the inside  and also the outside.   Pots this expensive should not give you so much work to clean.  

Respected Contributor

You have to buy the special Le Creuset cleaner for $25.00 and you cannot get it cheaper.  No coupons anywhere apply.  It’s a pain, but it does work to get nearly all the stains out. I give mine a good clean every few times I use the pan.  I have used Bar Keepers Friend when I ran out of the special cleaner.  It did work, but I was worried at any damage I might be causing the pan.

Esteemed Contributor

I noticed that too with my one roaster size Le Creuset - - and wonder why David loves this line so much.  I certainly don't want another piece; but love love the new line Merideth (sp) just presented.  Cleanup so easy!

Respected Contributor

@mica1

Ive had my pieces for over 35 years. I used to use powdered dishwasher detergent. I would put a few tablespoons in the bottom, add hot tap water and soak. 

I also use Barkeepers powder . Try not to get discouraged, these are wonderful pieces 

Contributor

I have used magic eraser with success.

Honored Contributor

Staining on enamel cookware is expected.  It isn't just LeCreuset. 

There are quite a few suggstions online from reputable sources such as Epicurious, Cooks Illustrated, etc.

You don't have to buy $25 cleaner.

If you have burned on food-that is a different issue, and boiling water with baking soda in the pan then letting it soak will do the trick.

I don't know about your stains on the outside of the pan?  Are you talking about food stains or something else like mineral stains from your water?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

@mica1 wrote:

How do you clean these pots?  I can't get the stains out of the inside  and also the outside.   Pots this expensive should not give you so much work to clean.  

I spoon in some baking soda and add a little water to make a paste.  Then I use a paper towel to scrub all around.  All the discoloration comes right out.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't had any problems. I just wash with regular liquid dishwashing soap, use a baking soda paste if needed. A gentle silicone ribbed scrubbie works well. Never a stain or anything burnt on. My Dutch ovens look brand new inside.

Honored Contributor

@mica1 wrote:

inside I have used some baking soda 

and sometimes I put them in the dishwasher

Contributor

Could be David loves this line so much is that he gets these over expensive items as demos and gets to keep them.

They are over priced and you can get another brand that works just as well and the inside stays clean.  Just use detergent like Dawn.  I am finding too many of the items QVC sells are made in China at a cheap price and are being sold at a high price.

Susan Grave is one of the designers who over charges.  $49.00 for tops and material for the jackets that have no living, are not stitched down.  Everything is $49.99.  And the quality is not that great.

Joan Rivers clothes are always finished off and are at times cheaper than Susan Graver.

Returns are terrible, shipping is out of hand.  I said this before.  We pay $3.00 for shipping but to send it back with the label we pay $6.95.  Refunds are not good anymore.

Got too big and now quality has gone done and some of the new Host leave a lot to be desired.