Valued Contributor

@september wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@september wrote:

@Stelladorable wrote:

Lume ads are basically like Poo Pourri ads. There's nothing pleasant about stink, but they present it in a humorous,creative way that gets the point across. Lume is the BEST body deodorant on the market today. Been using it for 2 years. Have influenced others to try it and have been thanked!

I recently purchased it, too.  The ads made me aware of it.  

@september  and @Stelladorable  have you tried the unscented? Looking for something that does not contain aluminum and is also unscented. Still shower twice a day but I don't want to be left out.

No I haven't.  But I don't have sensitivity issues and prefer my products have a light scent.  @Sage04 

I use only the unscented.. Even that smells a bit funky going on, but the smell fades fast. Let us know how you like it.

Honored Contributor

@Mersha 

True, but the posts concerning this come across as a sales pitch, not just an opinion. It's the tone that's the give away for me.

Super Contributor

@stuyvesant wrote:

@ZoetheCat wrote:

I've been on this board for many years but seldom post.  I can assure you that my "promotion" of Lume is not a result of being financially rewarded.  I like to give credit to products that actually do what they advertise.  I think most of us are often frustrated when we spend money on products that are inferior.  Lume works,  It's really that simple.  I realize there are those who insist that they never have body odor, but the fact is we all do.  Most of us bathe every day, use good hygiene practices, etc., but there is still a bit of odor.  To pretend otherwise just seems silly.  Lume eliminates all odor.  At least it does for me.  I'm a fan and will continue to buy it.

As for the commercials, I agree that they are somewhat cringeworthy.  I've never been one to talk about body function issues, even with friends.  But that's just me.  It would be great if the commercials could sell the product in a more refined way, but maybe that's not possible.  The fact that we're even having this conversation proves that the commercials are probably effective.

'

Good hygiene takes care of odor for me.  Yourr issue sounds particularly difficult. I'm glad you found a solution.

I don't have an "issue" @stuyvesant , but thanks for your concern.  I'm not really understanding the hostility to be honest.  Regular bathing and good hygiene takes care of the vast majority of body odor.  No doubt about it.  Lume just goes that extra mile, eliminating that last little bit (sorry, no matter what anyone says, there IS that last little bit for everyone).

The bigger question is why do you care if people like the product.  There are lots of products I'm not interested in so I don't use them.  I certainly don't feel the need to log onto a shopping site and insult people who find the product useful.  

Super Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@september wrote:

@Stelladorable wrote:

Lume ads are basically like Poo Pourri ads. There's nothing pleasant about stink, but they present it in a humorous,creative way that gets the point across. Lume is the BEST body deodorant on the market today. Been using it for 2 years. Have influenced others to try it and have been thanked!

I recently purchased it, too.  The ads made me aware of it.  

@september  and @Stelladorable  have you tried the unscented? Looking for something that does not contain aluminum and is also unscented. Still shower twice a day but I don't want to be left out.

@Sage04 I've only used the unscented, and to be honest, the initial odor when applying the product is awful.  Really bad.  But it fades once the application dries (about 10 minutes).  At first, I would wear a mask when putting it on, but now I'm used to it, so it doesn't bother me as much.  I don't want to dissuade you from using it, but I think you should be aware of that initial smell.  If you can get past it, I think you'll be very happy with the product.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @ZoetheCat  regarding the smell of the unscented.  There was another Lume thread where I mentioned that the smell is vile.  Worse, in fact, than the smell you might be trying to eliminate.  But the smell goes away and the important thing is that this product works.

There are many foolish comments on this thread regarding this product.  It's easy to make fun of something or disregard it when you have no need for it, but this product can be make a real difference for some people.  

Honored Contributor

It's not the product but the commercials for it. They are distasteful for some of us and it's a challenge to avoid them. 

Respected Contributor

@ZoetheCat wrote:

@stuyvesant wrote:

@ZoetheCat wrote:

I've been on this board for many years but seldom post.  I can assure you that my "promotion" of Lume is not a result of being financially rewarded.  I like to give credit to products that actually do what they advertise.  I think most of us are often frustrated when we spend money on products that are inferior.  Lume works,  It's really that simple.  I realize there are those who insist that they never have body odor, but the fact is we all do.  Most of us bathe every day, use good hygiene practices, etc., but there is still a bit of odor.  To pretend otherwise just seems silly.  Lume eliminates all odor.  At least it does for me.  I'm a fan and will continue to buy it.

As for the commercials, I agree that they are somewhat cringeworthy.  I've never been one to talk about body function issues, even with friends.  But that's just me.  It would be great if the commercials could sell the product in a more refined way, but maybe that's not possible.  The fact that we're even having this conversation proves that the commercials are probably effective.

'

Good hygiene takes care of odor for me.  Yourr issue sounds particularly difficult. I'm glad you found a solution.

I don't have an "issue" @stuyvesant , but thanks for your concern.  I'm not really understanding the hostility to be honest.  Regular bathing and good hygiene takes care of the vast majority of body odor.  No doubt about it.  Lume just goes that extra mile, eliminating that last little bit (sorry, no matter what anyone says, there IS that last little bit for everyone).

The bigger question is why do you care if people like the product.  There are lots of products I'm not interested in so I don't use them.  I certainly don't feel the need to log onto a shopping site and insult people who find the product useful.  

@ZoetheCat   Not to go off on a tangent...but I am for just a moment.... Your last sentence says it all.   A while back there was a post about some type of food.... I said how I like it a certain way...and it wasn't even strange or anything..... Yet one poster, who shall remain nameless, wrote something like YUCK!  That is so gross, etc.  Made me feel like 2¢ not to mention what's it to her?  She didn't have to  eat it if she doesn't like it.  ....okay, back to the Lume discussion.....🙂

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Has any one seen it where a woman is in the doctor's office?  I won't go into detail but just when I thought it couldn't get more disgusting, it did.

It's certainly not as bad as many other commercials on tv.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Latest Lume Commercial

[ Edited ]

Thank goodness we all have our own opinions on so many things.   This world would be extremely boring if we all thought alike. 

As for this discussion, it made me want to try the product and I ordered it in vanilla.  I'll let you know my opinion in a week or two after I've had time to evaluate it.  

Now, as for the commercial...I've not seen the one y'all are talking about.  It might be pushing the envelope but it is 2022 and almost anything goes.  So if I find it distasteful, I'll ignore it.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Contributor

Just want to add my 2 cents regarding Lume commercials. Why is it that men are not in these ads?  Could it be that odor is only on women?  Also the one where a woman is shaving herself along the line of her underwear.  No body hair on men?  It's a woman doing these commercials, supposedly a doctor, but in my view, such commercials are made by men for men.  Just another way to objectify women.