Honored Contributor

Just saw another of her commercials. An illustrated chart. 🥺She showed how you stink after 3 DAYS! Again....3DAYS.

Sure, that's because you need a shower daily. The dumbing down of America.😜

Honored Contributor

@paixmcdao 

They're more credible.

Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

Oh Merciful heavens. 

Well, I do intend on testing out the deodorant, although I am having success lately with Mitchum for women. 

I truly do not see a problem with the commercials. But then I don't pay that close of attention to most commercials.

To each his own though. 

@icezeus  yesterday I was watching Game Show Network, a few Commercials came on and then I looked up and saw the word LUME. I only saw the last few seconds. I missed it.

Anyway, so many people are talking about it, it reminds me of the Bonnie Raitt song "Lets Give Them Something to talk About". I think that's what the person who created it had in mind. It's working either way.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Just saw another of her commercials. An illustrated chart. 🥺She showed how you stink after 3 DAYS! Again....3DAYS.

@Trinity11 LOL why would anyone need an illustrated chart - I think it's common knowledge that you need a shower daily omg

What a dumb commercial

Esteemed Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

Oh Merciful heavens. 

Well, I do intend on testing out the deodorant, although I am having success lately with Mitchum for women. 

I truly do not see a problem with the commercials. But then I don't pay that close of attention to most commercials.

To each his own though. 

@icezeus  yesterday I was watching Game Show Network, a few Commercials came on and then I looked up and saw the word LUME. I only saw the last few seconds. I missed it.

Anyway, so many people are talking about it, it reminds me of the Bonnie Raitt song "Lets Give Them Something to talk About". I think that's what the person who created it had in mind. It's working either way.

@Sage04 

I think that's what it is with me. I am not paying close attention to commercials in general, and then by the time it registers the commercial is over with. 

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@paixmcdao 

They're more credible.

@occasionalrain  Tough way to judge posts.

Everyone here had under a 100 posts at one time or another.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

@ZoetheCat wrote:

I've been on this board for many years but seldom post.  I can assure you that my "promotion" of Lume is not a result of being financially rewarded.  I like to give credit to products that actually do what they advertise.  I think most of us are often frustrated when we spend money on products that are inferior.  Lume works,  It's really that simple.  I realize there are those who insist that they never have body odor, but the fact is we all do.  Most of us bathe every day, use good hygiene practices, etc., but there is still a bit of odor.  To pretend otherwise just seems silly.  Lume eliminates all odor.  At least it does for me.  I'm a fan and will continue to buy it.

As for the commercials, I agree that they are somewhat cringeworthy.  I've never been one to talk about body function issues, even with friends.  But that's just me.  It would be great if the commercials could sell the product in a more refined way, but maybe that's not possible.  The fact that we're even having this conversation proves that the commercials are probably effective.

'

Good hygiene takes care of odor for me.  Yourr issue sounds particularly difficult. I'm glad you found a solution.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Latest Lume Commercial

[ Edited ]

@september wrote:

@Stelladorable wrote:

Lume ads are basically like Poo Pourri ads. There's nothing pleasant about stink, but they present it in a humorous,creative way that gets the point across. Lume is the BEST body deodorant on the market today. Been using it for 2 years. Have influenced others to try it and have been thanked!

I recently purchased it, too.  The ads made me aware of it.  

@september  and @Stelladorable  have you tried the unscented? Looking for something that does not contain aluminum and is also unscented. Still shower twice a day but I don't want to be left out.

Honored Contributor

Re: Latest Lume Commercial

[ Edited ]

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11 LOL why would anyone need an illustrated chart - I think it's common knowledge that you need a shower daily omg

What a dumb commercial

I have no idea @Ladybug724 . But she's obsessed with convincing people they NEED what's she is selling. 

Edited to add Better Business Rating F. 5 pages of complaints. Brings back memories of how we were told to use Baby Powder. Didn't work out so well for a generation of women.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@september wrote:

@Stelladorable wrote:

Lume ads are basically like Poo Pourri ads. There's nothing pleasant about stink, but they present it in a humorous,creative way that gets the point across. Lume is the BEST body deodorant on the market today. Been using it for 2 years. Have influenced others to try it and have been thanked!

I recently purchased it, too.  The ads made me aware of it.  

@september  and @Stelladorable  have you tried the unscented? Looking for something that does not contain aluminum and is also unscented. Still shower twice a day but I don't want to be left out.

No I haven't.  But I don't have sensitivity issues and prefer my products have a light scent.  @Sage04