Esteemed Contributor

Re: LATEST OVERUSED WORD

[ Edited ]

toxic

Esteemed Contributor

Words don't bother me at all. They are just words. The intent behind certain messages is often what bothers me! We have a presidential election going on right now, so I trust that there are others who can relate to my position on "words."

Respected Contributor

Starting sentences with "So....."   and "awesome" are two nails-on-chalkboard picks here. 

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Respected Contributor

I thought you were going to say "bae." That one drives me crazy. 

Esteemed Contributor

This one is old, but I've heard it a lot lately, and it's two words...but "paradigm shift" just grates on my nerves!

I hope I haven't used a word or phrase on anyone's list lol!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Valued Contributor

Re: LATEST OVERUSED WORD

[ Edited ]

I know this is more than one word, but II despise the initials OMG.  I know it COULD also mean oh my gosh, but most people don't mean it that way.  I think it's just stupid and takes the Lord's name in vain..

Valued Contributor

AWESOME. Way overused.

Trusted Contributor

Sureal.

I even said to my hubby that I'm getting tired of hearing people talk about their "sureal" experience.

@MacDUFF - I don't use the term too much but "paradigm shift" fit perfectly into a presentation given by our section last year. Hmmm, that's probably the one and only time I've used it and I don't hear it as much as I did in the 90s.

Super Contributor

@Plaid Pants2If only "vetted" truly meant what it is supposed to mean.  It is usally now used as a "put off."  Gives one a false sense of security.

You and I currently know two very important issues going down in our country right now where vetting did not/is not happening but should have.

Honored Contributor

"Wait For It"............has been kinda getting on my nerves...............

♥Surface of the Sun♥