Super Contributor

The word is:  technology ...

Every product now has "newest technology" ... everything from socks to fireplaces to shoe insoles ...

Have you noticed ??

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Esteemed Contributor

No, I haven't noticed, but I am getting sick and tired of hearing the word "vetted".

Honored Contributor

For me it's 'troll'.

It seems lately that everyone who doesn't agree with another poster's opinion, especially if they have a low post count, is a 'troll'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Frequent Contributor
hashtag
Respected Contributor

For me, it's  a phrase . . . "But if you use your Q Card . . ."

Respected Contributor

This really bugs me--  "The Conversation"-- i.e., join The conversation, it starts the conversation, the national conversation    Ugh! it gets on my nerves

Honored Contributor

Although "elevated" seems to be fading, it still reminds me of LEVITATION.....(!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Or........"elevated" as in:   "What to wear for a ride on The L"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

This isn't a phrase used on QVC, but it makes me shudder everytime I hear it:

"drank the Koolaid"

It is used to express the idea that someone believed the story being told.  But in actuality, the phrase comes from the hundreds of people who died in Jonestown in the 70's after they drank poisoned Koolaid.  It's such a chilling, horrific event, that I don't believe the phrase should be used so lightly, or used at all.  I saw it used by a poster here today in connection with taking in a sales spiel and making a purchase.  I didn't want to call her out but it stuck in my mind.  She probably does not know where the phrase came from.

Honored Contributor

I know it's a phrase, but..."abundance of caution."