Respected Contributor

L’Occitane Security Breach

If you have an account with L’Occitane, change your password, especially if you’ve linked a credit card to that account. 

I received an email from L’Occitane at 9:55 this morning telling me that there had been suspicious activity in its system and advising me to log in to my L’Occitane account and change my password. When I tried to log in, the system didn’t recognize my password. When I clicked on the Forgot my Password button, I got an email telling me my password had been reset. I decided to google L’Occitane and attempt to log in from there. This time, they said they didn’t recognize my email address. I called the customer service number on a receipt from a recent purchase. After spending an hour on hold, a rep told me they were inundated with calls and email activity, so she wouldn’t be able to send me a password reset email for a few hours. She also said the breach only affected a small percentage of online customers (lucky me) and recommended that I carefully review the statements of the credit card I have linked to my L’Occitane account. I’m pretty sure I don’t have a credit card linked to this account, but I’m not positive, so I’ll be waiting for that email. Luckily, I know exactly when my last 3 purchases were, so I’ll know if someone’s trying to mess with my account. 

I don’t usually initiate posts, so I’m not up to speed on blogging etiquette. I generally only check into the QVC blog once or twice a day, so please don’t be offended if I don’t reply to your posts right away. 

Honored Contributor

Re: L’Occitane Security Breach

@Eileen in Virginia- It's good of you to post this information.  I get emails from L'Occitane, but haven't checked yet this morning.  I don't have a credit card linked to them, unless they automatically saved it from the one time I ordered.  I generally use PayPal.

I hope you get your account sorted out quickly.