Occasional Contributor
It’s March 2018 and she hasn’t improved- so awkward and no personality
Occasional Contributor

Respected Contributor

i think she has improved quite a bit!

Esteemed Contributor

Here's how I think that Kristine has improved:  She has clearly made it into the top 5 hosts who cannot stop talking about or inserting their children or family into every single item presentation, no matter how odd or tangential.

Quite an accomplishment. for a relative short timer.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Here's how I think that Kristine has improved:  She has clearly made it into the top 5 hosts who cannot stop talking about or inserting their children or family into every single item presentation, no matter how odd or tangential.

Quite an accomplishment. for a relative short timer.

@Johnnyeager 

That doesn't really bother me.  But when she asks the models for their sizes and heights in the pants they are wearing, then she announces her height and the length of the pants (not her own size for comparison), I just shake my head once again. Sometimes she dotes on one model and ignores the others completely, so no sizing help there either. 

Ugh.  That's the kind of shopping assistance I need, and she is still a hit or a miss.  I am sorry to see her in more afternoon shows.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kristine Zell

[ Edited ]

@K9buddy wrote:

OP here.  The first and only time I’ve seen KZ was the one show with Gary that I based my opinion on.  I thought she did a great job. I don’t watch much QVC, so I haven’t seen her since. I guess I must have caught her on a good day/time. 

I guess I did too. I've seen her at times be more relaxed and thought she was really easy to watch.

If a nice to listen host turns awful to watch, I blame it on the producers and trainers and whoever is back there telling them to yell- ("Q"'s version of excitment!);

speak as fast as you can- ("Q"'s version of urgency);

and add some breathless yah's, oh's, etc in-

(fake enthusiasm),

and in case they are addressing really stupid people-

where to wear it/aka what "luncheon,pumpkin patch" etc.,

who to buy it for-yourself or anyone else;

and what size-tall, extra tall, tall with heels, 

or short.

Extra bonus-a short story about what you were doing and who you met and who also likes this in your extended family last time you used, wore this.

Someone in QVC land ;oh excuse me "Q,"

honestly thinks this is so cool and the way to appeal to who knows who-the younger crowd they want to attract don't watch many shopping shows I"m sure and the way they have all these coaching training tips, I don't know who finds it enjoyable to watch. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Maybe some hosts are better than others at having someone yell in their ear, while still remaining natural or not yelling themselves, (which maybe they do to be heard over the producer they are hearing, not realizing we can't hear the producer!)

And whoever hires people with valley girl voices,  the "growling" voices, just must not have a good ear.

Yes I am frustrated with continuing complaints like mine right here that are not addressed and taking away a QVC that was so enjoyable to watch and actually buy things from before most became so overpriced.

I think watching Carolyn on Denim and Company reminded me of how much I use to like watching, and being able to watch long enough to be interested in buying!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"