Valued Contributor

The Gorilla Foundation sadly reported the passing of their beloved Koko.  Koko was the gorilla known for her extraordinary mastery of  sign language.  She passed away yesterday morning in her sleep at the age of 46. She was amazing.  She even had her own pet cats that she had since they were kittens.  She never got to be a mother herself, but treated those kittens as if they were her babies. I am sad to hear this.

Respected Contributor

Smiley Sad RIP Koko.  You were so special.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

She was an amazing animal. I was hoping to meet her if she came out west again.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Super Contributor

RIP Koko.

Esteemed Contributor

Sweet Koko, may she rest in peace.  

Koko_and_kitten.jpg

Respected Contributor

Rest In Peace beautiful majestic Koko.💛

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

Koko was amazing and so sweet.......so sad!!! 

Image result for kitty crying and sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

May she and her amazing skills in expressing herself be an everlasting reminder to us that if we don't protect our environment (animals, oceans, plants/trees, etc.), we have not been the stewards that I believe we should be -- for their sake and for ours.

We are connected in symbiotic relationship that is in danger more now than ever before. If only all people had even a fraction of Koko's empathy for humans and their partners.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I saw Koko in person years ago.  This was sad news.  She was one smart, cool gorilla.