Honored Contributor

I haven't been in our local Kohls since before Christmas.

Oh my gosh went there today to buy gc and the store (although clean & neat) looked like a "liquidation sale".  Racks & racks of 70%+ off and clearance throughout the whole store.

I had a 30% off I was going to buy a few tshirts at $4 but they looked like "one wash" they'd be done.  Material was very thin.

I hope they're not the next store to close as that's the closest dept  store near us without going to mall an hour away.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1   I had a 30% off coupon at Kohl's also. I hadn't been in awhile due to restrictions on coupons, and usually can be used on just their brands.

You were wise not to buy their brand of shirts, they shrink, roll up and now they cost more. The last times I've been shelves were bare.
     I've found items much cheaper at Marshall.'s and T J Max ie. umbrellas and hair brushes. Kohl's suggested retail price is too high.
      I didn't buy anything.

😟☹️😫🥺

Frequent Contributor

Same thing going on in mine.  Starting to look more like a thrift store.  I live in a rural area with few shopping choices.  Definitely not looking good.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@homedecor1   I had a 30% off coupon at Kohl's also. I hadn't been in awhile due to restrictions on coupons, and usually can be used on just their brands.

You were wise not to buy their brand of shirts, they shrink, roll up and now they cost more. The last times I've been shelves were bare.
     I've found items much cheaper at Marshall.'s and T J Max ie. umbrellas and hair brushes. Kohl's suggested retail price is too high.
      I didn't buy anything.

😟☹️😫🥺

@1Snickers 

I noticed the clothing seemed not to be of "quality" I used to get at Kohls.  I don't need anymore tshirts but at $4 before the 30% I was "tempted".

If I needed to buy kids clothes what deals ... $2-3 for tops and shorts/pants, pjs, etc. were 50% clearance.  That would be great cuz they grow out of them so fast🙂

Honored Contributor

I think many retailers had delayed shipments suddenly arrive all at once and in the wrong season to sell it, thus lots of sales merchandise. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Kohl's is and has been in financial trouble. It woudn't surprise me if their stores start closing down.

Valued Contributor

My Kohls has an Amazon return center and an Ulta inside so they have lots of traffic. If you make an Amazon return you get a $5 coupon to use at Kohl's. 

Honored Contributor

@simplyfriends 

Our Kohls no longer has either of these seemed after Christmas they stopped -- another sign this store maybe closing soon🥺

Respected Contributor

It's end of the season mark downs. A lot of new will be coming in and the will need the room, for it. Former employee here.

Regular Contributor

I just ordered 5 Nina Leonard dresses from Kohls. Nina Leonard is also at HSN. The 30% off coupon plus sale price made the items very appealing. I hope at least one is a "keeper".