Respected Contributor
On 10/7/2014 evelomaddict said:
On 10/7/2014 scotttie said:

turkey, nato's second largest army sitting on the sidelines.

Why are they not helping?

turkey wants asaad gone and then they "might" help. turkey has been treating isis jihadists at their hospitals.

So in other words, they support ISIS?

Respected Contributor

turkey, nato's second largest army sitting on the sidelines.

Why are they not helping?

Because they would be seen as openly going against Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad. And until all the ME nations unite against them they may stand in solidarity with the kurds but they are all words.

Additional note. The only ME nation to openly help the Syrian refugees as well as others is Israel.

Valued Contributor

eve, where are you following this story? You seem to up to the minute reports. And thank you.

i'm on twitter mostly. this person is reporting live while hiding in a pepper field.

https://twitter.com/cahitstorm

the pepper field.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Respected Contributor

Thanks again eve.

Valued Contributor

isis rules for journalists covering isis:

http://www.syriadeeply.org/articles/2014/10/6200/isis-issues-11-rules-journalists-deir-ezzor/

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Super Contributor

God bless those journalists who stay. they are heroes.

It was interesting to see that Al Jazeera is on the ""blacklist"" as a media outlet who ""fights against Islamic countries"". I think Al Jazeera does a terrific job with their reporting.

Respected Contributor

Al Jazeera is biased and I am not talking about it being biased to the US. Ask the Coptic Christians in Eygpt or the Israeli's or the Yazudis how accurate and honest they are in their reporting..

Valued Contributor

no more updates coming in atm. it's been quiet for at least 40 minutes now.

talk to you all later.

keep praying for the kurds. they're people of honor.

Super Contributor
On 10/7/2014 Caravaggio said:

Al Jazeera is biased and I am not talking about it being biased to the US. Ask the Coptic Christians in Eygpt or the Israeli's or the Yazudis how accurate and honest they are in their reporting..

Interesting that ISIS won't allow reporters to do business with Al Jazeera, as they deem the outlet to be "fighting against Islamic countries".

It's in the article eve posted.

Respected Contributor
It's scary, especially since they've set their sights on the rest of the world.
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James