Honored Contributor

United Healthcare/AARP......

It's amazing how many times in one day they have commercials all over the place. Wonder how much they spend on advertising, especially at this time each year.

Respected Contributor

Re: United Healthcare/AARP......

They have far less commercials than car insurance

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I both have supplemental Medicare policies with them and yet every month we get mailings touting their Medicare supplemental policies and urging us to enroll.
Honored Contributor

They have a short period every year to get people to change over to them. What's the difference what the ads on TV are about? They have an ad for something every few min. Who watches them or cares? I don't.

Another thing - AARP and UHC are not the same company. AARP acts as an agent for UHC just like any ins agent would. They also represent other companies like Met Life and NY life and I'm sure many others. But they are not otherwise affiliated.

Respected Contributor

Even though I joined AARP just to take advantage of discounts, I think they're a regular PITA. Every week I get junk mail from them about something or other. As for the tv commercials, as with other commercial breaks, I either change the channel or go do something else for a few minutes.

Honored Contributor

On 10/7/2014 VCamp2748 said:

Even though I joined AARP just to take advantage of discounts, I think they're a regular PITA. Every week I get junk mail from them about something or other. As for the tv commercials, as with other commercial breaks, I either change the channel or go do something else for a few minutes.

Funny - I joined AARP 15 years ago and other than my Modern maturity magazine(which I enjoy reading cover to cover) and the bills for my various insurances, I get very little junk mail from them. Mostly just notices of available benefit changes.

Respected Contributor

Maybe so for you, HH, but I'm telling you that I get all kinds of kwap from them in the mail every week. Did you think it was my imagination or something?