Esteemed Contributor

I have the basic double sink in my kitchen. I need to buy a new faucet and I need recommendations. I like the high arc, spray nozzle, stainless steel or brass --- not plastic; single handle, one hole connection. Not more than $200. The water in my area is very hard and ruins my faucets. Lowes is near my house.

Respected Contributor

My plumber stocks and recommends the HansGrohe (sp?) brand.  I bought my latest one at Costco---I have the same sink and faucet configuration you described.  If prices in your area are similar to mine, the plumber's visit to install the faucet will cost more than than faucet, for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

We bought a new double size sink after we moveintp our home. Ours is 3/4 size on 1 side and disposal side is the other 1/4 of the sink. Waned to be able to wash big items in sink.

Bought a Moen single faucet. Chrome/single handle for temp/pull out faucet with flow or spray. Lifetime wsrranty and Moen replaced it when a part broke, in 3 days.

Works just as we planned. Very flexible for many uses has a 27" coiled hose from pipe to faucet connection.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Isn't it Friedrich Grohe?  I have a Grohe faucet but it was more than what you want to spend. Grohe is pretty good and comes in different price ranges.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Isn't it Friedrich Grohe?  I have a Grohe faucet but it was more than what you want to spend. Grohe is pretty good and comes in different price ranges.

There are two Grohe's, Hans and Friedrich. Both companies sell beautiful fixtures in two price ranges expensive and more expensive. Some of the products have a bit of plastic.  I use this site to tell me what materials a fixture is made  http://www.nationalbuildersupply.com/

I currently have a Price Pfister faucet in my kitchen. This brand is sold at Lowes.

Honored Contributor

Just keep in mind that the "same" faucets you see at Lowes/Home Depot and the ones directly from that manufacturer are very different! The Marts cheapen them up by putting plastic inners in them. The manufacturer has all metal inners. We found this out on our own and then our hunch was confirmed by the interior designer we had when we built our cottage.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Faucets sold in the big box stores are NOT the same quality as those purchased in plumbing and heating stores.  Stores like Lowes and Home Depot contract manufacturers like Moen, Delta, etc and set price points for the manufacturers.  The manufacturers then produce their products with some parts that are made of plastics instead of metal fittings, non-flexible hoses instead of stainless steel hoses, etc.  The quality is not equal to what those same manufacturers sell to plumbing supply houses..   Take a trip to a plumbing supply and view the difference.  

My sister-in-law has worked in a plumbing supply house for 20 years.. and has relatives who are plumbers..  They know the difference..  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

Re: Kitchen Faucet

[ Edited ]

What you all are saying about the difference in quality of fixtures sold by  big-box stores and guys who actually stock and work on faucets is exactly what I've been told for a long time.

Different materials are used to meet a certain popular price point, and many do-it-yourselfers who might be wanting a quick fix or are fixing up a rental property (as opposed to those of us who seek something that will last) shop at big-box stores.

We have one Home Depot in our metro area where the head of the plumbing department actually was in the plumbing industry for many years, and he supposedly stocks that Home Depot with the best, while other Home Depots in our area do not.  I got this information from multiple plumbing firms, not just one.  I sold real estate, went through many home inspections with clients and had an opportunity to get a lot of inside knowledge that way.

Honored Contributor

@kivah  We bought ours at Lowe's.  It comes with the dispenser for liquid soap, but you don't have to use it if your countertop doesn't have the opening for it.  We like the look very much and it was very easy for my DH to hook up.  It's called the Pfister Wheaton Tuscan Bronze 1-Handle Pull-down Kitchen Faucet.  Item #357135 $189  There is a stainless version (#572739), but it's a little over your price range ($219.58)

The picture is what ours looks like.

Esteemed Contributor

I called my plumber today for him to recommend a kitchen faucet. He referred me to a local company that specializes in all things for the kitchen and bath, which I did. They're located 1/2 hour from my house. The man that I spoke to (and told what I wanted) emailed me a pic of the faucet> It's KWC, high-arc, brushed chrome finish, brass. It will total $625 (that includes a discount). My plumber will be picking it up for me - and installing next week.

I've had bad luck with faucets in the past. Hopefully, this one will last me a very long time. Right now, it's hot and muggy in Oxnard, CA -- and running around looking for a faucet is not what I'm up to.

Thanks for ur help.