Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Still Raining As of now there are 64 cases in New York. The children have what appears to be Kawasaki, which is rare. The association between the condition and  COVID is not very iffy because the children with the rash and inflammatory vascular symptoms either currently have COVID or have antibodies to it. 7A631C0A-E9A5-41BF-A004-F7247502866D.jpeg

I hope these poor little ones aren't in any pain. This pictures just makes my heart hurt.

Honored Contributor

If the media didn't report on the possible relation to Covid and later it was proven that it was related, people would be outraged that the information of a possible link was denied them.

Respected Contributor

Re: Kids getting sick!

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

Some of us want to be informed. We want to see the numbers daily on CNN. This sudden rise in a rare disease if not Covid related than what? Perhaps people will keep their children at home instead of out and about spreading virus.

People should be, if not frightened, concerned; there's a good reason. Those who aren't are ignoring the mandates and are responsible for spreading Covid far and wide.

So the people who are getting this are irresponsible? That's just not factual. Anyone can get it. 

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

It's extremely irresponsible of the news media to post scare stories like this when there is no concrete proof that this illness is caused by coronavirus. Using hypotheticals only fuels even more panic. Every day I see another article about some bizarre symptom or other that researchers are desperately trying to link to COVID-19. There was story about a woman from Kazakhstan  who was so overjoyed to be out of quarantine that on her first excursion out ot the house she went hiking and fell off a cliff while taking a selfie. I'm surprised that the authorities didn't link her death to COVID because, after all, she might have been more cautious if she hadn't   been on lockdown due to the virus! 

@Buffalogal47 I had not heard that story....very strange and sad!

I agree with you about the media.  It seems that everyday they are trying to scare the daylights out of everyone not to mention giving people mental health issues with the constant worrying and anxiety! 

Well if they are trying to scare the daylights out of everyone, they are doing a bad job.   Millions of people still refuse to wear masks in public and refuse to stay at home.  Thus, risking possible transmission of a disease they don't even know they have, to who knows how many other people.  I wish the media would try harder to get through to these selfish idiots. 

Not everyone watches  the news. 

Honored Contributor

@Lali1  You misread my post. Those who are irresponsible are the ones spreading the virus by refusing to social distance or wear masks. 

Frequent Contributor

That is their goal - to scare everybody.  That's what we get with the fake, mainstream media today,  I'm hoping things will be changing over the next few days, and we will all have a clear, and truthful, picture of this virus from reliable news sources. It's exhausting trying to find the real news out there.

I do know someone who was on their death bed and chloroquine saved their life.  It's being used all over the world to save lives, with no side affects.  There was a study here in a nursing home, sorry can't recall the state, and all 40 who tested positive were given the drug and all have recovered.  I know a family of 6 and four tested positive and two did not.  Most had no symptoms, only the grandmother who has COPD/asthma.  She was hospitalized, released, and back in 4 days later near death. They gave her chloroquine and she was up sitting in the chair the next morning. The grandfather, and one daughter in the household did not get it.  He isolated himself out in their patio room for the two weeks.

Honored Contributor

This morning I listened to an interview with a front-line nurse. She was on to talk about the emotional health of front-line workers, but she mentioned they had just lost a 19-year old. She said something like "that's just a baby." And she said it was hard. The interviewer asked her about that patient and why younger patients who are seemingly in good health are dying. She said they are getting blood clots, which can lead to strokes. 

I also heard there were about 25 children, ages 2-15 in the hospital in one of the major cities of California. Although some were on ventilators all were expected to survive. 

We don't know enough and no one can predict what this virus will do! 

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Lali1  You misread my post. Those who are irresponsible are the ones spreading the virus by refusing to social distance or wear masks. 

Actually many people unknowingly have spread the virus. Many were probably doing everything right. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Boomerdotty wrote:

That is their goal - to scare everybody.  That's what we get with the fake, mainstream media today,  I'm hoping things will be changing over the next few days, and we will all have a clear, and truthful, picture of this virus from reliable news sources. It's exhausting trying to find the real news out there.

I do know someone who was on their death bed and chloroquine saved their life.  It's being used all over the world to save lives, with no side affects.  There was a study here in a nursing home, sorry can't recall the state, and all 40 who tested positive were given the drug and all have recovered.  I know a family of 6 and four tested positive and two did not.  Most had no symptoms, only the grandmother who has COPD/asthma.  She was hospitalized, released, and back in 4 days later near death. They gave her chloroquine and she was up sitting in the chair the next morning. The grandfather, and one daughter in the household did not get it.  He isolated himself out in their patio room for the two weeks.

@Boomerdotty  No one is looking to scare people. Talk about fake and it's not the media.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kids getting sick!

[ Edited ]

@Boomerdotty wrote:

I do know someone who was on their death bed and chloroquine saved their life.  It's being used all over the world to save lives, with no side affects.  There was a study here in a nursing home, sorry can't recall the state, and all 40 who tested positive were given the drug and all have recovered.  I know a family of 6 and four tested positive and two did not.  Most had no symptoms, only the grandmother who hasCOPDD/asthma.  She was hospitalized, released, and back in 4 days later near death. They gave her chloroquine and she was up sitting in the chair the next morning. The grandfather, and one daughter in the household did not get it.  He isolated himself out in their patio room for the two weeks.

*** So much shady, unfounded, useless, dangerous information here.

Don’t take anything without advice from a licensed medical practioner who knows your health history, and your medications.

A grandmother with asthma AND COPD at death’s door, takes a dose one night and is sitting up the next day?   THIS is fake and irresponsible.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras