Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kelly Ripa has been trying too hard

On 12/30/2014 colliemom3 said:

She seems to have the need for constant attention IMO.

Agree!

Trusted Contributor

That show has it's days numbered IMHO. Regis left, they brought in Michael..who has several jobs now at ABC. I like him very much! Her not so much.

Respected Contributor

I don't agree. I only catch it now and then and I think Michael and Kelly have great chemistry together......even before he was a permanent host. I was really glad he was chosen for that spot.

I don't think she has changed at all.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Super Contributor

Oh, poo! You can diss all hosts from KLG to Kelly and down the line. They are on TV in the spotlight just like all hosts from QVC or any talk show. It's combined publicity to show your stuff and what the audience wants. Every viewer sees things differently so there is a market for all. No one know the "real" person, actor, etc. so just enjoy what they bring to the media or turn it off.

Esteemed Contributor

We all have favorites and not so favorites, nothing wrong with that.

Regular Contributor

I really like Kelly. I think many are just jealous of her. It must be difficult to be cute and funny 5 days a week.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/31/2014 polar said:

I really like Kelly. I think many are just jealous of her. It must be difficult to be cute and funny 5 days a week. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

It is not that hard, I am cute and funny 7 days a week (it's not my job though)!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Frequent Contributor

On 12/31/2014 polar said:

I really like Kelly. I think many are just jealous of her. It must be difficult to be cute and funny 5 days a week. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I like Kelly also! Like most human beings, she is not perfect. She is near enough that she has lasted a long time when many have failed. She admits easily that she has high school education. She has a lot of home grown inteligence -- much more than many, many degreed people. She has loads of common sense and acquired learning. There is not anyone up there running the show who just loves just handing out money so much that they would sit there and hand it out to a loser for all these these years.

I have always found her far more enjoyable than her predecessor. May she continue to be a success in the eyes the vast majority of people.

Super Contributor

I don't watch. Don't watch any of those "talk" shows.

I did catch her years & years ago when I'd watch All My Children with my grandmother. When she appeared on the scene in Pine Valley . . . her hair was dyed jet black and I believe she had black fingernails and was a WILD CHILD.

Then a few years later they hired Mark, her husband, and she and "Mateo" became a couple.

She certainly has had a successful career. Good for her.

I've seen her in years gone by when she and Regis hosted the Christmas Day Disney World Parade (of course it is filmed in advance in early December) but she is just fine & happy with herself it seems . . . so good for her and her little family!

Honored Contributor

On 12/30/2014 ROMARY 1 said:

I like them both. I find Michael very sharp-witted, entertaining, and plenty intelligent for me. Don't want a 'know it all', serious type of host, similar to Gilman (lol).........

ME TOO! I think they're both charming and personable. I just began to watch the show n the summer, and Now I don't like to miss is it. And I LOVE Dan Harris too!