Honored Contributor

Re: Keeping Up With The Richest Of The Rich

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

The backpack  program (?) where children are sent home with enough food for the weekend after leaving school on Friday.  

Public transportation in rural areas

FREE Farmers markets and cooking classes for poor who rely on processed food to feed their families.

Preschool drop offs and late evening programs for latchkey children.

Buying old factories and closed military housing and making homes for the poor and homeless.

On second thought, I would seriously consider all of your suggestions. No child should ever go hungry... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

There are plenty of rich folks but the people mentioned are wealthy.  Not old wealth but new wealth. 

The Gates were exposed for harming people in foreign countries with their investments. 

My distribution would be for education in the Sciences for research and health purposes.  We have got to irradicate many diseases that plague the world. 

Secondly, defense and Law Enforcement.  Help change laws to push for very stern punishment for criminals - no sympathy.

We already incarcerate too many of our citizens.  I'd push to end privatization of and for-profit prisons.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

This is selfish on my part but I would fund further studies with stem cells for heart failure. I have all the money I need or want but funding studies to prolong life in heart patients would be what I would do if I was the richest of the rich.

@Trinity11

I don't think that's selfish at all, Trinity.  You'd be helping a lot of people.

I hope you are feeling better Heart

Thanks, Noel. I got some good news this morning that I am stage 2 heart failure rather than the dire news of stage 3 the first week after the heart attack. Now with the help of the meds, exercise and dietary changes, I am hoping to beat the statistics. Hope you are healing. I read yesterday that you are able to eat again. Please take care of yourself.

@Trinity11

Thanks, Trinity Smiley Happy  I am so glad to hear things aren't as bad as they thought they might be for you! 

I have a fantastic cardio team who seem to be on top of it all.  More tests scheduled.

Good luck, Noel. A team of good cardiologists is really important regarding outcome. Take care and good wishes for improvement every day in the future.

Honored Contributor

It is nice to dream, helping homeless, animals, children, but alot of the rich, are selfish people, they spend on themselves.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

What would I fund? A large cat rescue, a mobile spay and neuter program, a battered womens shelter, a lobby to make declawing cats illegal, a pro life group and something to do with mental health, I'm not sure exactly where with that one. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Four immediate concerns:

Helping foster children who have aged out of the system.

Hunger.

Appalachian programs for so many things.

Alzheimer's research and patient care.

That is a huge problem that needs a solution. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

First I would fund ALS research because it would not only help those with ALS but also MS, Parkinson's disease and other neurological diseases. This has recently become very personal as I have a sibling who was diagnosed with ALS and it's very difficult to watch  as this horrible disease progresses. 

I would also help fund a year round homeless shelter in my county as we currently don't have one even though there is a need for one. 

I would help my local women's center.

I would try to spread the wealth around to charitable organizations that I feel are truly helping. 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

It is nice to dream, helping homeless, animals, children, but alot of the rich, are selfish people, they spend on themselves.

@goldensrbest

Thankfully that isn't true for those mentioned on this line.

BTW, the latest gift to SF General from the Zuckerberg couple, Mark and his wife the medical doctor, was $99 million.

Honored Contributor

@akaburtonfan

So sorry about your sibling, your idea for ALS research is wonderful.

Respected Contributor

wow, you all have such great ideas, if only...

If I had 67 billion, I'd give each of my children and grandchildren a billion. Then I'd keep one for myself. After that, I'd offer a billion each for anyone who found a cure for all of the horrid maladies affecting humanity. I'd also give a bill to some form of animal rescue. I'd use the rest to build FREE hospitals in areas around the country where homeless and hungry could get med. help, food and shelter!

i would hope that by taking care of our people it would free others to care for the rest of the world!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.