Honored Contributor

Keep Glasses Clean too

[ Edited ]

I received this from facebook. Seems like a good reminder! I dont wear them but I do constantly wear my

sunglasses!  It is not something you would even think we need to keep clean during this time!

Eyeglasses, when worn regularly, are constantly exposed to germs, bacteria and viruses. Contagious illnesses such as conjunctivitis and other eye infections can spread if you touch your glasses with unwashed hands. In addition to removing general dirt and stains, cleaning and sterilizing your eyeglasses can help reduce the risk of catching or spreading germs. Use proper cleaning and sterilizing methods to sterilize your eyeglasses without damaging them. This is even more important during time of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Hold your eyeglasses under warm running water to wet the lenses. Place a drop of soap on each side of both lenses. Rub both lenses and frame making sure to cover all areas including around nose pads. A toothbrush will help getting to all areas.

Rinse your eyeglasses with warm water. Dry the lenses and frames with a soft cloth.

Dampen another cloth with rubbing alcohol. Wipe off the surface of the lenses and frames with the rubbing alcohol to sterilize the eyeglasses. Dry the glasses with a clean cloth. Alternatively, fill a spray bottle ¾ full of rubbing alcohol. Top up with water. You can also add a couple of drops of liquid dish soap. Spray your frame and lenses liberally then dry off with a soft cloth.

I need to remember this for my SUNGLASSES!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs 

Smart idea! Thanks for sharing!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

This is so true. Sometimes I wonder how I see out of mine. Thanks for the heads up on that @CherryHugs 

Honored Contributor

Re: Keep Glasses Clean too

[ Edited ]

Costco sells dry cleaning cloths for eyeglasses. DH uses them every day. You can also buy damp ones as well. Be careful when cleaning as you can easily scratch or dislodge the lens from the frame if not careful. I need to remember to do this with my sunglasses. I wear them more than my readers.

Occasional Contributor

@CherryHugs    Thank you so much for sharing!  Stay safe! 

Trusted Contributor

For those of us that wear glasses everyday, this is part of our normal life.  If I dont' clean my glasses daily I can't see.  They are full of dust, sweat and makeup on a daily basis.

Also have always cleaned my cell phone every day because that gets really dirty.