Esteemed Contributor

Was watching the morning show with Katie McGee and she apparently had been out for the past week and she kept mentioning how she had some kind of surgery/procedure and i guess she talked about it on her Facebook (i don't belong) and thanked everyone for their health wishes for her.................was just wondering what the procedure may have been since she keeps mentioning it......

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Katie McGee

[ Edited ]

Sinus surgery. I don't think you have to "belong" to Facebook to read the host's Facebook page. Just click on Meet Our Hosts at the bottom of the page then click on their name then on the Facebook icon (or whatever you call it, the small letter f in the blue box).

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17.  They all have open Facebook pages that everyone can see. Just google her name and Facebook.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks so much for the info....normally i figure anything like that is pretty much their business.....but since she kept mentioning it i figured the reason was "out there"....thank you....i am a fan of Katie....she used to be on the news here in New York...lovely person..

Respected Contributor

I love her personality. She is so calm and professional. It's refreshing to watch someone like her who doesn't giggle incessantly and lets the presenter do some of the talking.

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 The poor thing.My friend had that surgery many years ago and she said the post op was hellish.They packed yards of gauze in her sinus passages and she had to sleep sitting in a chair.She said the gauze removal was horrendous and if she had known ahead how bad it was going to be that she would not have had the surgery.

Honored Contributor

she didn't stop talking about it the whole time she was on, 

just thank everyone for their good wishes and move on.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear  Katie is one of my favorite hosts, but I have to admit I was tired of hearing about her operation.  I know people tune in at different times during a host's shift, but twice would have been sufficient.  I believe I heard it at least five or six times this morning, and it just got a little uncomfortable.

Super Contributor

Katie probably talked about it so much because if the surgery was as horrendous as @dex stated it must be difficult to forget.

Honored Contributor

Re: Katie McGee

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@jackthebear  Katie is one of my favorite hosts, but I have to admit I was tired of hearing about her operation.  I know people tune in at different times during a host's shift, but twice would have been sufficient.  I believe I heard it at least five or six times this morning, and it just got a little uncomfortable.

I like her too,and of the reasons why is because she does not make her shows all about her

with the personal info