Honored Contributor

ITs a rough operation people.She probably  feels like a survivor and needs to vent a little.

Honored Contributor

Re: Katie McGee

[ Edited ]

The hosts share way too much personal info re: health, family travel plans, etc. Perhaps they’re encouraged to get chummy w/ their audience. After all, you’re more likely to purchase from a friend....someone whose opinion you’d trust. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really enjoy Katie as a host---she is so refreshing and so pleasant to watch....

She probably mentioned it so much because people kept asking what happened .....she kept thanking people for the well wishes.....

She had a whole team of nurses/bodyguards ready to help as she recovered---this is a photo posted on her FB page. after her surgery.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Such a cute picture, @Spurt.  Katie's bodyguards remind me of our (currently) three cats.  Whenever any of us is sick and flat out on the bed, there are three "comfort kitties" right there on the job...

Hope lovely Katie feels better soon and recovers quickly.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

Such a cute picture, @Spurt.  Katie's bodyguards remind me of our (currently) three cats.  Whenever any of us is sick and flat out on the bed, there are three "comfort kitties" right there on the job...

Hope lovely Katie feels better soon and recovers quickly.

@Oznell

Isn't it interesting how our furbabies can sense when we are sick and won't leave our side, and they are there to comfort us....Cat Very HappyHeart

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I'm one who is not really interested in all the personal information.  Jane T. is one who I prefer not to watch since she seems to talk about her daughter(s) all the time.  JMO.

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@jackthebear  Katie is one of my favorite hosts, but I have to admit I was tired of hearing about her operation.  I know people tune in at different times during a host's shift, but twice would have been sufficient.  I believe I heard it at least five or six times this morning, and it just got a little uncomfortable.

I like her too,and of the reasons why is because she does not make her shows all about her

with the personal info

Katie was a traffic reporter on NYC local stations for years.  She has such a calm, professional voice as well as demeanor.

I was surprised when she arrived at QVC. I seldom watch QVC anymore but she is one of the only hosts I always enjoy.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I'm one who is not really interested in all the personal information.  Jane T. is one who I prefer not to watch since she seems to talk about her daughter(s) all the time.  JMO.

I’m sure Jane T. is a very nice person, but the most annoying T.V. personality there is. She assumes customers want to hear all about every detail of her and her family’s life. I want to hear about the products, not incessant chatter about her life. When she’s on I tune out.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  I did not see the airing ,but assume she did not give a lot of detail about her surgery due to op asking about it. Good for Katie, I like her.

However, one day i was flipping channels and stopped briefly on hsn. 

A male vendor was selling a personal assistance type device that aids people with getting up  from a sitting position out of a car. 

The host was  Marlo ( female). and she made a statement I thought was totally inappropriate for the situation. She stated " I had some female surgery and.........)

The vendor was embarresed, gave a little nervous laugh. She stammered and said, that is alright to say isn't it.

She could have just said I had surgery.

I know it must be tough to talk insessantly about products, but sometimes common sense just goes out the window. I was embarreses for her.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I’m sure Jane T. is a very nice person, but the most annoying T.V. personality there is. She assumes customers want to hear all about every detail of her and her family’s life. I want to hear about the products, not incessant chatter about her life. When she’s on I tune out.

----------------------------

I totally agree!!  When I first began watching the Q. she was the host of sterling silver and a fashion show on Sat. mornings.   I don't remember her chatting so much about her life then. 

But now, it is a daily dairy of events, family, vacations, shoes she owns etc.  I immediately change channel.