Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Engaged!!!!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed watching (again) Risky Business a couple of weeks ago.  Featuring Rebecca D'Morney (and Tom).  I believe they dated after that film.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

Very odd pairing, IMO.

I totally agree.  Frankly, the word "yuck" came to mind when I read this.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@12andcounting wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

Very odd pairing, IMO.

I totally agree.  Frankly, the word "yuck" came to mind when I read this.

@12andcounting

Why is that? I was always told that there is somebody for everyone. So who is your comment directed at? Psst I already know the answer!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Super Contributor

She's gorgeous; he's gorgeous.  They work in the same industry; and they're both single. Where's the "yuck?"   Show me the yuck.  I can't find the yuck.

I'm lost in the muck of the yuck.

That said, I don't think Katie and Jamie are actually engaged.  I do think Katie is isolated and lonely because of the draconian measures she had to agree to to get out of her marriage with TC. 

Whatever the Truth, I wish them all peace and a modicum of happiness.

Esteemed Contributor

I could have sworn, that I read in some "rag" in a doctor's office a few months ago,  that they were secretely married.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@Joey Heatherton

hi, i haven't read any of the posts, but my yuck is this. 

he's supremely talented yes, but not good looking at all imo.  she's cute, not particularly talented, he's older and i don't know. what do they have in common?   

my initial impression yuck!  and i mean no offense.  it just doesn't work for me, but i'm not the one in the relationship.  i do wish them well and hope they will be very happy!

Honored Contributor

Well.as far as attractiveness goes, I'd say they are even.  He's not handsome and she's not pretty....IMO.  But we all, being mature adults, should know that's not the most important  criteria for a relationship.  Otherwise, a lot of us would be single, right?

So, for me, saying 'yuk' should only be said if they are dirty or abusive.  all I know about either of them is that I've heard both are warm, caring parents.  Jamie Foxxie's daughter has said that he is very strict but loving.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I vaguely remember what they look like; I guess nothing about their physical features stood out to me.

And who are we to even consider that they might or might not have in common, really?

So I guess I don't get any "yuck" here at all.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Yep, I am not seeing this anywhere either. Don't think it is true.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

I read that part of her divorce from Tom Cruise was to stay quiet about her personal life and not publicly date for so many years.  I guess that time period has just ended.

Who on earth would agree to "not publicly date" for so many years?  If she did, that's crazy.

She was desperate to keep her daughter away from him, maybe she agreed to some demands from him as a trade to keep him from fighting for custody or a lot of visitation or control.

totes