Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

LOL One of the posters at TMZ said "guess this is what happens when you are perpetually 16 your entire life."  Doesn't this sound like high school drama?  My feelings about Taylor and her music have waned over the years, but I do think Kanye has some creepy obsession with her. Will he ever just move on?  Not as long as he can get some publicity.

I laughed at the comment made by a poster on Snapchat, "For once Kim 'broke the internet' with her clothes on!"

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I admit this story interests me and I did read the transcript,lol.  So Taylor says she didn't expect Kanye to run any  of his lyrics by her. So really, he did nothing wrong once she said that.  Kanye is still an egotistical man who thinks he walks on water.  I am also thinking Taylor Swift is just as egotistical. The difference is Kanye admits his ego and flaunts it. Swift hides her ego behind her innocent, girl power, perfect image. I cannot begin to stand Kanye but I respect his owning his huge ego. 

Honored Contributor

This whole 'feud' thing is probably just another ploy of Kris's to keep their names in the headlines. She's very good at that.

As they say in Hollywood, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

They both make me a little nauseous.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

All of them have such huge egos they can't even live a normal life. It's like let's see who gets the most publicity first. Who's name is going to be on the front page first.  They are all phony and weird. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Here's part of the transcript (from WaPo). It pretty much proves she was in on it from the beginning but used it to play the victim (again). I don't like Kim or Kanye, but they had a right to call her out. She threw him under the bus.

Kanye: Oh ok, dope. You still got the Nashville number?

Taylor: I still have the Nashville area code, but I had to change it.

Kanye: (rapping the line from “Famous”) “Too all my Southside n—– that know me best/I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex.”

Taylor: …I’m like this close to overexposure.

Kanye: Oh. Well this one is uh – I think this is a really cool thing to have, uh, definitely.

Taylor: I know. I mean, it’s like a compliment kind of. (laughs)

Kanye: What I give a f— about is just you as a person and as a friend. I want things that make you feel good. I don’t want to do rap that makes people feel bad.

Taylor: Um – yeah. I mean, go with whatever line you think is better. It’s obviously very tongue-in-cheek either way.

Taylor: And I really appreciate you telling me about it, that’s really nice.

Kanye: Oh yeah. I just have a responsibility to you as a friend, you know? And uh, I mean, thanks for being, like, so cool about it.

Taylor: Aw, thanks. Um, yeah, I really appreciate it. Like, the heads up is so nice.

Taylor: …things without, like, even asking or seeing if I’d be okay with it and I just really appreciate it. Like, I never would have expected you to tell me about a line in one of your songs.

Taylor: And then the flowers that you sent me, I, like, Instagrammed a picture of them and it’s the most Instagram likes I’ve ever gotten, it was like 2.7 –

Kanye: Relationships are more important than punchlines, you know?

Taylor: Yeah. I mean, I don’t think anybody would listen to that and be like, “Oh that’s a real, that’s a real dis, like, she must be crying about – “

Taylor: It’s just you gotta tell the story the way that it happened to you and the way that you experienced it. Like, you honestly didn’t know who I was before that.

Taylor: It doesn’t matter if I sold 7 million of that album before you did that, which is what happened, you didn’t know who I was before that. It’s fine.

Taylor: …in the event that I can make these things happen and I have the idea to do it and I create these things and concepts and, like, I’m always going to respect you.

Taylor: And I’m really glad that you have the respect to call me and tell me that as a friend about the song and —

Taylor: It’s just like, it’s a really cool thing to do — and a really good show of friendship. So thank you.

Kanye: Thank you, too.

Taylor: And you know, if people ask me about it, I think it would be great for me to be like, “Look, he called me and told me the line before it came out. Like, joke’s on you guys, we’re fine.”

Taylor: You guys want to call this a feud, you want to call this throwing shade but, you know, right after the song comes out I’m going to be on a Grammy red carpet and they’re going to ask me about it and I’m going to be like, “He called me.”

Taylor: …and awesome that you’re so outspoken, and it’s going to be like “Yeah she does, it made her famous.” You know, so it’s more provocative to say “might still have sex” because –

Taylor: It’s not – it’s not – it doesn’t matter to me. There’s not, like, one that hurts my feelings and one that doesn’t.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

Re: Kanye was right?

[ Edited ]

@Preds wrote:

"That moment when Kanye West secretly records your phone call, then Kim posts it on the Internet," she wrote alongside the statement posted to all of her social media pages.

"Where is the video of Kanye telling me he was going to call me 'that b****' in his song? It doesn't exist because it never happened," Taylor claims. "You don't get to control someone's emotional response to being called 'that b****' in front of the entire world."

"Of course I wanted to like the song. I wanted to believe Kanye when he told me that I would love the song. I wanted us to have a friendly relationship. He promised to play the song for me, but he never did," she continues. "While I wanted to be supportive of Kanye on the phone call, you cannot 'approve' a song you haven't heard."

"Being falsely painted as a liar when I was never given the full story or played any part of the song is character assassination," she concludes. "I would very much like to be excluded from this narrative, one that I have never asked to be a part of, since 2009."

Taylors' response.

But she was supportive of the line about him wanting to have sex with her? Okie dokie. She used this staged controversy to further her career. She's no better than Kim or Kanye, but at least Kim and Kanye are semi-stransparent about their motives.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
QVC Customer Care
Valued Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:
Kim released video of Taylor Swift on speakerphone with Kanye supposedly approving the lyrics to the song "Famous" that she was oh so upset over.

And this is important?  My goodness, in what is going on in this country and around the world no wonder everything is going to heck in a hand basket.

Honored Contributor

It appears the "Angel" as Fallen between this and the break-up saga.

I heard one of her songs over the week-end after a long time without hearing any and I was reminded she sings well but I do not understand the hoop la about her.

She is good but does not have the voice of Martina McBride, Carrie Underwood, or Jennifer Lopez on the other side of the music industry. 

Her singing is just little girlish no power or substance of the lyrics in it to me.  But I am a country music and classic rock music woman.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."