Respected Contributor

@clownlady wrote:

what is she saying or singing,, I can't understand it at all

The song is about sex. That's about it.  It's very old.  I guess if you don't want to hear someone singing about sex, you might find it offensive. To me it's nothing to blink an eye at.  

Honored Contributor

Re: KIT KAT Commercial

[ Edited ]

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@clownlady wrote:

The song is about sex. That's about it.  It's very old.  I guess if you don't want to hear someone singing about sex, you might find it offensive. To me it's nothing to blink an eye at.  

I have no knowledge of the song nor do I know if I have ever heard it since it is not classic rock or country.  If the song is about sex and the candy is called Kit Kat then the whole premise is offensive, in my opinion.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@clownlady wrote:

Here are the lyrics in the commercial.

Really doesn’t matter what the song it about...the lyrics are really

fairly simple...backwards. Only Missy can do this. Genius!

Funny how people don’t have a clue what the lyrics are 

but they’re ‘tsk-tsking’ over nothing. 

2D1CC897-901F-428E-ABC5-DB6FBC585759.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Hate the song.  Hate the commercial.  Hate the candy.  

Honored Contributor

I think the whole premise of the ad industry, you know, that any attention is good attention falls flat... Just because an ad might get my attention, for better or (more often...) for worse, is absolutely not indicative that I'm going to go out and buy the product... It might work for some people and it might even occasionally be somewhat effective with a new product of interest, but otherwise, they're wasting their money and my time...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I might buy PayDay if they used Cardi B's "MONEY" to sell it.

Honored Contributor
My cousin is a doctor...he said you would be amazed how many patients he sees who demand he give them a prescription for a drug they have seen advertised on TV for symptoms or a condition they don’t even have....and how angry they get when he declines.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I might buy PayDay if they used Cardi B's "MONEY" to sell it.

@QueenDanceALot They could  use it for the 100 grand candy bar too. 😂 If word gets out all of these candy bars will be rated r or worse lol.

Esteemed Contributor

I decided to let the mods help me decide on this and the verdict is in. If posting a line from the song is deemed so inappropriate that it had to be removed (on a board where I'd bet my last dollar none of us have seen the age of consent for multi-decades) then it's probably not the best song they could have chosen as an advertisement for a candy bar that appeals to kids. Thank you, Beth, I appreciate the input! Smiley Happy