Valued Contributor

What in the world?! Kit Kat has a commercial using the song "Work It" by Missy Elliott. ???? What does this have to do with a candy bar?

Honored Contributor

It got your attention, I think that is the answer.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

It got your attention so much that you rememberd it and are talking about Kit Kat bars.  Mission accomplished!!!!  That's the point of advertising.

Valued Contributor

Makes me discuss Kit Kat but not want to purchase it. It is a very provocative song/lyrics. I like the song (love Missy Elliott) but not for this. 

Honored Contributor

I think using very popular songs for television advertising is clever.  It definitely catches my attention.

Honored Contributor

@LUVNLIFE wrote:

Makes me discuss Kit Kat but not want to purchase it. It is a very provocative song/lyrics. I like the song (love Missy Elliott) but not for this. 

You just don't understand advertising.  Perhaps YOU don't want to buy a Kit Kat but I do, and I am not joking.  I like Kit Kat bars but I haven't had one or thought about them in maybe years.  I haven't seen that commercial but YOU did.  And what you think of as  provocative lyrics got your attention, Kit Kat bars got your attention.  You are talking about them to hundreds of people now and Kit Kats are now in the minds of some  of us and when we go shopping....we'll probably pick up one or a pack of the minis that I like.  The song and whatever YOU don't like in the lyrics are totally irrelevant because they aren't selling a song.  They selling Kit Kat candy.  So, just using YOU as an example, it is an extremely successful commercial.  It's like those commercials for prescription medications.  We aren't physicians, we cannot prescribe them or go out and buy them.  The commercials don't even say anything about the medications.  Just the name and the diseasone.    But if we have the disease or condition, that medication name STICKS in our minds even though, as lay people we don't know diddlysquat about the medicaction.  But we remember the name of it and we ask our physician about it and he he or she does some research and considers this new medication that he or she didn't even know existed.....and he or she discusses it with other physicians who then look it up and consider it for their patients.  That's how all advertising, for everything works.      

Esteemed Contributor

When I eat a Kit Kat, I bite off all the chocolate around the edges first. lol

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

when i eat a kit kat i smear some peanut butter all over it. have been doing this since i was a teenager.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Me Too!!!!!! @Daisy Sunflower

Esteemed Contributor

The song is being use because of its hook.  It catches one's attention which is the point of ads.