Honored Contributor

Re: KATE SPADE FOUND DEAD - SUICIDE

@riley1 wrote:

Wow, I am shocked to read this. My heart goes out to her family, especially her daughter. It's hard to imagine someone in that frame of mind who doesn't think of their kids before they take that final step. 

Suicidal people’s thinking is not rational.  They often think their family would be better off without them,  

Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

Wow, I am shocked to read this. My heart goes out to her family, especially her daughter. It's hard to imagine someone in that frame of mind who doesn't think of their kids before they take that final step. 

@riley1  Her daughter will never be the same.   My Mother left me at 12, and that was so hard for me and affected me my entire life....but at least my Mom was still alive.

But to lose your Mom  through hanging herself.......gosh, that child will need so much love and help to get through  this.  It almost makes me mad that Kate did not Love her Daughter enough to get help when  was that desperate to end her life. 

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

That's so sad, I'll never understand Suicide.  

I hope you never experience the kind of sadness and desperation that people feel when life is just too painful.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

My niece found her neighbor ,dead from a gunshot wound. He never intended her to be the one to find him. He had called a fellow, just before he killed himself ,asking him to drop by

It was an awful thing for my niece to find. It haunted her for a long time. I hope the child didn't discover her body

Respected Contributor

It always shocks me when someone does it by hanging.

It seems there would much much LESS painful ways to accomplish it.  I think it is much more common to see it in men.

Sad.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

I just read this on TMZ:  "We're told she hanged herself using a scarf tied to her bedroom door knob."

The bedroom door knob?

How does that work? Wouldn't you just be left sitting on the floor?

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

My niece found her neighbor ,dead from a gunshot wound. He never intended her to be the one to find him. He had called a fellow, just before he killed himself ,asking him to drop by

It was an awful thing for my niece to find. It haunted her for a long time. I hope the child didn't discover her body

I read somewhere that the housecleaner found her.  

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@cherry   Her maid found her.

Honored Contributor

They are going to need some help to recover from this, the poor lady. It is a terrible thing to discover

Esteemed Contributor

Here's a video of her showing off her NYC apartment. She had a lovely home.

https://www.mydomaine.com/kate-spade-nyc-apartment