Honored Contributor

Re: KATE MIDDLETON

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

But I disagree!  The thread postings have encompassed "the royal family" and the Queen was also mentioned.  So anyone in that family is fair game for mention.

@Johnnyeager  So to you fair game means it is okay to put down anyone who is mentioned, well I disagree!!

@Lindsays Grandma 

You may hold the royals in high esteem, but rest assured that not everyone puts them on a pedestal.  Some think they are a waste of money,  so the "tourism dollars" excuse is always used.  Since there have never been a recent time without royals, there's nothing to compare it to.

It appears the goal is to show only the good, and sweep all the rest under the carpet.  And the taxpayers pay for that.   I don't think they got their money's worth out of Andrew, but that's just my take on it.   (I also don't think Charles and Camilla will have an easy time of it, but that remains to be seen.)

You may recall that both Diana and Fergie had a rather hard time acclimating to being in that family, and both could have used some help.  This generation, both Kate and Meghan have still struggled.   Considering previous difficulties, you'd think there would be more of an "orientation", but I guess no one cares enough to do so.  The buck stops on that one with the queen.

JMO 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 ...My gosh Tinkrb44, I sure do not hold  the royals in high esteem, or anyone else for that matter.  I admire Kate, I admire several people.  What I find really strange is the following that JohnnyEager posted...

"Personally, I think that the "I adore Kate" posts are a back handed way to get to Meghan."    If I say I like Angie, Lucy or Betty it has nothing to do with Patty, Mary or Joan, and my saying I admire Kate has nothing to do with Meghan.  

There was  no reason for MM to even be mentioned, the thread was about Kate, period.   So, shall we let the whole thing drop because it sure isn't worth losing sleep over.  Woman Wink

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma   You are so right!