Honored Contributor

Re: Justin Hayward Receives OBE From King

Weren't wife Marie and daughter Doremi at the OBE ceremony too?

Honored Contributor

Are they spurs on the back of King Charles shoes?

Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 8.25.52 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Occasional Contributor

I was fortunate to work with Justin Hayward, O.B.E., (his title now) when he and John Lodge played on the show. Justin came on the show later with his first solo CD. We were both guitar geeks. I admired his red Gibson ES 335 and his 1955 Martin D-28. We swapped guitar "lust" stories backstage. Justin has an Olson Guitar, which James Taylor also plays. He praised it so much that it's on my list, with about 100 other guitars, lol.

A very nice and super talented man. It's an honor well deserved! One step away from knighthood. 

Steve Bryant

Honored Contributor

OMG Steve Bryant! I really enjoyed your shows with John and Justin, as well as Justin solo. It was on his tour for his same solo CD you were selling that I got to meet him and shake his hand. Several of us waited at the stage door for him to leave.after his concert, which was in a very small venue that had been a movie theater. He finally came out and spoke individually to all of us who had waited for him. 

A real gentleman.  Thank you for your interesting post on my thread; great to hear from you!

@SteelyDanFan 

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Are they spurs on the back of King Charles shoes?

Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 8.25.52 PM.png

@Mz iMac   We MUST find out the story on the shoes.

Anyone?

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Regular Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

OMG Steve Bryant! I really enjoyed your shows with John and Justin, as well as Justin solo. It was on his tour for his same solo CD you were selling that I got to meet him and shake his hand. Several of us waited at the stage door for him to leave.after his concert, which was in a very small venue that had been a movie theater. He finally came out and spoke individually to all of us who had waited for him. 

A real gentleman.  Thank you for your interesting post on my thread; great to hear from you!

@SteelyDanFan 

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Justin Hayward is a guest on QVC. In this clip he is interviewed by Steve Bryant. This clip aired on December 5, 1996.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks1AI5GCyQ4

In this QVC clip he performs Troubadour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEHfSL6-RQM

Respected Contributor

@MorningLover 

Thank you for the links.  

Troubadour is one of my favorites and I love to walk to it.  The tempo is perfect for keeping me up to speed!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee 

Thank you for posting this.  I would never have seen it, I'm sure.

So talented and so deserving of any and all musical awards.

I missed seeing him this year at Ramshead Tavern.  We had seen him in 2022 and decided to skip his concert this time.  If/when he comes back to Maryland, we will attend.

While he is always fabulous, he devotes half of his concert time to a young guitarist who is so talented, but.....I'd rather just see Justin Cat LOL

So many great songs....Driftwood and Had to Fall in Love are the ones I listen to when I need a good cry!

He'll always be young and beautiful to my eyes.

Esteemed Contributor

Love the Moody Blues........saw them once in concert.  What a show!!!  So glad for Justin..........he deserves it!!