Esteemed Contributor

for birth control pills.... This is the first time I have ever seen it advertised on TV.  They give you a site to go to.....  If you have insurance, it's free - otherwise it's $15 a month (I think).......  

Personally, I think it's great.  I always wondered why women had to go to an OB/GYN for a physical, when it really isn't necessary at all.  JMO and I still think it's great.....

I know you can go to a doctor online and they will prescribe them - but I never saw it advrtised on TV.......

Honored Contributor

Re: Just saw a commercial......

@sophiamarie wrote:

for birth control pills.... This is the first time I have ever seen it advertised on TV.  They give you a site to go to.....  If you have insurance, it's free - otherwise it's $15 a month (I think).......  

Personally, I think it's great.  I always wondered why women had to go to an OB/GYN for a physical, when it really isn't necessary at all.  JMO and I still think it's great.....

I know you can go to a doctor online and they will prescribe them - but I never saw it advrtised on TV.......

That is great.esp. if you don’t have medical.Cuts out the middleman.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, and they mail it to you in a plain brown wrapper for three months at a time.  LOL  That way, you don't even have to go to a pharmacy....  Incredible...

Honored Contributor

I would never take birth control pills without seeing a doctor first. I do think it's a good idea that you can order the meds online though, especially at those prices.

Honored Contributor

No different than men getting ED medication online w/out a Doctor.

In fact, this scenario is worse since ED is a strong warning

Heart Disease is present....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's about time. And I'm happy to hear it's either free or $15. 

The more accessible the better

Regular Contributor

First of all, PLEASE don’t anyone flame me. This is my opinion. Isn’t that what Planned Parenthood is for? I thought all the years of marching and protesting and rallies was to be able to provide at little or no cost birth control to women that wanted it. Hence the name “Planned Parenthood.” I’m not including the other services they provide. So, am I missing something?

Honored Contributor

No you are not missing anything. Low cost or no-cost birth control has always been available elsewhere or through your local county health department. Not required to go to a specific place to get them.
Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Really???  What causes heart disease?  The ED OR the pill???

How would the doctor know who is going to get heart disease?  He will prescribe the pill and then he will find out - right???  Same with any medication with side effects.

Birth control pills have been around for ages.  No OB/GYN can predict who is going to get heart disease.  ..

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Really???  What causes heart disease?  The ED OR the pill???

How would the doctor know who is going to get heart disease?  He will prescribe the pill and then he will find out - right???  Same with any medication with side effects.

Birth control pills have been around for ages.  No OB/GYN can predict who is going to get heart disease.  ..

Erectile Dysfunction is a common symptom for heart disease.

So instead of saying to the men to fix their heart issues,

they just give them pills. Stunning to see these young men

get caught up with something which can kill them.