Honored Contributor

My grandson has been selected to participate in Harvard's sixty-seventh Model U.N conference from January 30 to February next year. He's in his second year of participation in his high school's Model UN program. Simply put members learn to research and then debate important issues. They don't choose which side to be on. "Every year, Harvard MUN attracts some of the most promising young leaders from around the world, and HMUN 2020 will be no exception."

From the Model UN site:

Guiding Principle

Cooperative, hands-on, experiential learning allows students to confront a range of topics with the perspective of their assigned country or organization. Through these experiences - during preparation in committee sessions and hallway caucuses - students develop an appreciation of differing viewpoints, experience the challenges of negotiation, see the rewards of cooperation, broaden their world view, and discover the human side of international relations and diplomacy.

Needless to say, we are very excited for him.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3  ... That is a perfect brag.  What a wonderful opportunity for him.  I'd be screaming my lungs out.

Debating both sides is so much fun.  Hard work to learn your points, but so satisfying when you can make them.  I love a good debate.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3  Congratulations! You and his parents should be so proud. Heart He will continue to do wonderful things. Keep us posted; you have bragging rights. Smiley Wink

Be sure to remind him to include that on his Resumes. He sounds like the kind of young man any corporation would love to have in their employment. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

That's awesome, I hope he enjoys his experience.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Wonderful!  I love to attend those!  I hope you attend or some good pictures are taken.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

That's awesome!! Congratulations to your grandson & to you!!

Honored Contributor

It is nice to hear happy news . It is even nicer to hear them from family members. You should be very proud ,and I am sure you are

Respected Contributor

Congratulations! That's and a big achievement and an even bigger opportunity!

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 - I would say that is a pretty big brag! Congratulations to you and your grandson.

Honored Contributor

How fabulous!  You must be so proud!! (and should be!)

Cat Very Happy