Honored Contributor

Just received this notice from my bank

[ Edited ]

At ---, the safety and health of our customers, employees, and communities remains our top priority as we continue to help you with your everyday banking needs.

Due to this safety and health focus, we have been experiencing some temporary branch closures over the last several weeks and we anticipate these unexpected, temporary closures may continue to occur. We know this may be an inconvenience for our customers, and we will work as quickly as possible to restore service when it is disrupted.

It isn't a small local bank. It is a large bank with 8,183 branches in 23 states.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just received this notice from my bank

@drizzellla  When my bank closed during the shut downs last year, we could call a number to make an appmt to be let in, for example to get something out of our safety deposit box.  The branch manager would open up just for the appmt.

Respected Contributor

Well, if all the bank tellers and/or the management call out sick, then there is nobody there to operate the bank branch for the day.

School districts are having the same problems, which is why certain schools are going on and off virtual.

Most places do not have substitute workers available to fill in as in previous years.

Many large businesses continue to allow staff to work at home as well.

This is what happens when a pandemic continues and continues.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@drizzellla  When my bank closed during the shut downs last year, we could call a number to make an appmt to be let in, for example to get something out of our safety deposit box.  The branch manager would open up just for the appmt.

Yes, we also made appointments last year at the bank to handle banking needs that couldn't be handled in the drive through.

Now the branches are closed - doors locked, lights out. And sometimes for days at a time.

Esteemed Contributor

My aunt was at her large bank last week and they were only allowing a few people in at a time. The manager came out and ushered those that were outside in and closed and locked the door behind them. They only had two employees and had to close for the day.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

At ---, the safety and health of our customers, employees, and communities remains our top priority as we continue to help you with your everyday banking needs.

Due to this safety and health focus, we have been experiencing some temporary branch closures over the last several weeks and we anticipate these unexpected, temporary closures may continue to occur. We know this may be an inconvenience for our customers, and we will work as quickly as possible to restore service when it is disrupted.

It isn't a small local bank. It is a large bank with 8,183 branches in 23 states.

@drizzellla - Ours is also a larger one. It bought out our regional one about 10 years ago. Right before Christmas our local branch closed. We have to go to another town. It's OK for me, but a lot of small businesses were inconvenienced.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My bank is only doing drive thru at this time. Lobby service requires an appointment.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

bank of america....appointments only for things other than "regular banking."

lots of employees there, but usually only 2 tellers open at any given time.

closed their drive thru banking permanently.

one drive up ATM, one walk up ATM. they should install ATMs at all the drive thru banking lanes that are no longer open.

banking these days isnt what it used to be.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Covid has put a huge stop in sevices across many industries throughout the country.

The National Guard is being used to help in hospitals and drive school buses.

Trusted Contributor

One of my credit union branches closed for 2 weeks.  Everyone was sick except branch manager.  You had to call him if you needed in your safe deposit box.  All other transactions had to be done at another branch.