Honored Contributor

I received this scam email today. The sender is from my name to my name. I have written over that. It is about my Life Lock expiring. I don't have Life Lock. ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER SCAM.7DFC1C11-FC9B-4CD0-A706-C85BAE149784.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER SCAM

I often get notices about accounts I don't have or saying I have unclaimed funds.  Never click on them.  Instant delete.  Life in the 21st century--LOL!!!

Valued Contributor

I get about 8 of these similar every day on text messages on my l phone . They all have full phone numbers so the phone lets them through !They even has one that says it noticed l am getting a lot of texts and my text limit is close to being used up ,trying to get me to sign up for a higher plan .  

Contributor

I get a few of these a day. Before I delete I look for spelling and grammar/syntax errors. Once a teacher,  always a teacher. 

Honored Contributor

@Tchr58 wrote:

I get a few of these a day. Before I delete I look for spelling and grammar/syntax errors. Once a teacher,  always a teacher. 

I always notice spelling errors, like YEASTERDAY in the OP!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have emails with Netzero and with Gmail.  None of these "bad" emails come through on my Gmail account, but I get about 3 - 4 a day on my Netzero account.  They are usually claiming to be from the Post Office, Amazon or Citi-Bank.  They always have spelling errors, there are numerous other email addresses included in the email, and they always want you to open a link to "resolve" the issue.   

Netzero suggests that you hit the "report" option and then they will not deliver to you those type of emails, but that does not seem to help much - I keep getting them.  I also tried selecting "block" sender, but they keep on coming.  Had to tell hubby not to handle the emails as he's not as familiar with identifying the real thing from a scam.

I do wonder.....where did they get my email address?

Is sad there are so many people out there trying to scam everyone.   Oh well.....

Respected Contributor

I get these daily, Norton, Netflix, (I have neither). And don’t get me started on claim your gift from. Homme Depot, Bannk of Ammerica, or Tuesdaay Morrning, CVS rewarrd.  Every single one has numerous spelling errors.  Crazy.  Some emails go to my junk, but some get through.  Delete, delete, delete.  

Esteemed Contributor

I occasionally get them in my gmail email but most of the time they go to spam but I never get scam texts on my IPhone or IPad.   If you have android phones that may be the case

Honored Contributor

Be careful of this scam----

I havent had a scam on my email nor on my android phone in years!!  However, I got a scam TEXT the other day which was a first asking me to click a link saying I had a package coming and they had a question regarding the delivery address and needed me to verify my address by clicking a link! ..I Didn't touch the link instead I BLOCKED the text originator and phone number!!!  AND DELETED THE MESSAGE!  I knew it was a scam because I hadnt ordered anything recently and what I had ordered had been delivered long ago 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't open any suspicious e mails because many contain n the pictures, tracking pixels that send details to let the sender know you opened it. Just hover your cursor over the address, write it down & block it. 

https://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2020/03/02/hackers-know-when-you-open-email-and-how-use-again...

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼