Honored Contributor

@Mellie32, feel better... hope this helps..

Image result for hot toddy for colds

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

This week was the beginning of summer vacation for me and I feel a cold coming on.  I sneezed about 8 times in a row, the roof of my mouth itches and my throat hurts.  Smiley Sad

Sounds like allergies to me. I sneeze, my throat feels sore and my ears itch. I take Claritin or Zyrtec and use nasal mist/spray. I don't know which is worse, alletgies or a cold. Hope you don't get sick.

Both together!  You don't know which end is up or what is making you more miserable.

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone.  I woke up this morning with lots of mucus (I know, right?) and my sore throat was a bit worse from sleeping with my mouth open, I guess.  The throat has calmed down since I've been up, but I'm very mucus-y.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

Thanks everyone.  I woke up this morning with lots of mucus (I know, right?) and my sore throat was a bit worse from sleeping with my mouth open, I guess.  The throat has calmed down since I've been up, but I'm very mucus-y.  Smiley Sad

@Mellie32Ugh-somebody mentioned allergies and I'm thinking the same.

You can use the saline spray that Arm/Hammer makes-it's more of a mist than a steady stream of fluid.  It will run out of your nose but you can more easily blow your nose.

If you have dry mouth use the Biotin rinse-I get dry mouth sometimes from a med I take.

Jakeman's throat lozenges are good-we like the anise flavor but there is also honey lemon and cherry. Very soothing.

Be well soon!!Heart

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Lapdog wrote:

Get the Netty pot out.  It has saved me several times.  Chloraseptic sore throat lozenges really help me too.  Best Wishes!

Just make sure you use distilled, sterlized or boiled water(3-5 min) to prevent infection.  Make sure the pot is cleaned out thorougly too. The FDA put out those warnings because of serious infections and several people who acquired a deadly brain eating ameba. I used a neti pot for years and when I read about this I just switched to the sterile saline sprays because every time I used one after, I kept thinking about this and every tiny itch or tingle made me imagine these brain munchers. lol! I do find the sterile sprays just easier too because I don't have to prepare it all too.

Wow @Irshgrl31201, I hadn't read that about neti pots . . . yikes!  I bought one many years ago, tried it once, felt like I was being waterboarded and that was it for me.  I've watched endless video on YouTube with folks demonstrating it successfully but it just was a no for me personally.

Hope you enjoy your weekend my friend! . . . Smiley Happy

Hey @momtochloe it does give you that feeling. It is good to see you, hope you have a great weekend too!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK