Respected Contributor

He was very young but he also lived more trials of life than most do in their entire lifetime so he was strong and brave for such a long time.  And you, too, mom.  You've been through a whole lot with him and you loved him dearly through it all.  I'm so very sorry for your deep loss.   

Honored Contributor

Dear at home,

Your boy mattered, of that you should have no doubt.  He mattered to you, to his immediate family, to his extended family and to those who were kind and wise enough to look beyond his illnesses and see and appreciate who was trapped inside.  

About three months ago, a childhood friend of one of my sons mistakenly overdosed.  No one knew he was using drugs; the family thought he had an overwhelming problem with alcohol, but they were shocked to find out how their precious, intelligent, loving -- and objectively successful --  son/brother perished.  This young man had a wife, children and a successful practice (I don't wish to say what sort of practice in case someone can identify him).

My heart goes out to you and your family.  Your loss is immense.  I will pray that God's grace touches you and your family as you struggle to deal with your painful loss. 

Frequent Contributor
I don’t know what to say. I got back today from choosing where he (and my husband and I) will be laid to rest and there’s an outpouring of love and kindness and sympathy here waiting for me. So many stories of precious loved ones taken far too soon. One at Christmas, one two weeks ago, others losing more than one child. I thank you all so much for such kind and wise words. My daughter is here with us this week (she’s 29, we also have a daughter, 32, and a son, 33) and read them all and cried at how wonderfully kind everyone is here. Thank you so much. God bless you all
Esteemed Contributor

@Athome2 ...My deepest sympathy on the loss of your beloved son, may he rest in peace.  I lost two children, a son and a daughter so I understand the pain you are feeling.  Then there were my parents and three of my dearest and closest friends.

I miss all of them and from time to time thoughts of them enter my mind.  This is probably something none of us can control.  Take care of yourself and know that your son is now at peace with angels while he smiles down at you from above.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

@Tique   My heart goes out to you. My sister lost a son who was hooked on drugs and alcohol this past Christmas Day.  She is still grieving, of course, but told me things are getting better.  Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and the family in the days ahead. My deepest sympathy to all who knew and loved him. 

@jubilant   thank you for your kindness but I think this was meant for @Athome2.

@Athome2  Tique is right....it was meant for you.  Sorry for the error but the sentiments are the same. I have seen what my sister has gone through and I do so feel for you and others who have loved and lost like this. God be with you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Athome2, I am so very sorry for the devestating losses you have suffered. Your father and now your precious son, you and your family are in my prayers.

I have had losses as well. Some days it still takes my breath, honestly.

Give yourself lots of grace. I am so very sorry.

Honored Contributor

@Athome2 

No matter what the circumstances surrounding the loss of a child a mother's love is always "unconditional" and I'm sure you were always there for your son.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.  We have experienced this sudden loss (different circumstances) of 2 wonderful nephews.

Know many here will be thinking of you🌹

D834E35C-EEE9-4B56-A15C-C72930B93E03.jpeg

Respected Contributor

There are just no words......I am so very very sorry for what you are going through. 

Trusted Contributor

I am truly sorry for your loss. There is no greater pain on this earth than the loss of a child. It's like you've lost a piece of yourself. I lost my 27 year old son to cancer in 1999 and not a day goes by that I don't miss him. 

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Trusted Contributor

Please accept my deepest sympathies for the tragic loss of your son.  

I'm not a mom, but I have 2 nephews that I adore more than anything in the world.  

My prayers for your family during this very difficult time.

Heart