Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just listened to an interview with Mike Rowe (Q alum)

@bikerbabe wrote:
They took out shop classes as well as things like music and art in many schools when they cut the budgets. They also eliminated drivers Ed.

@bikerbabe @That's a shame .  I loved music and art classes when in school .  

Esteemed Contributor

@chlema wrote:

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

Mocking spelling errors by fellow posters is elitist, pompous and very, very lame.

So true.  I think many here on the forums just look for an opportunity to criticize when someone makes a mistake.  Guess it makes them feel better - or maybe they just want to add another number to their  post totals.

well put .  It happens a lot here.  

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Lvqfan 

I first learned of Mike Rowe in 2005 when I watched his show, Dirty Jobs. Saw many interviews with him and realized he was saying the same things I have been saying for decades. The arguments I had with co-workers when we differed on choices of future careers for the young.

The "gotta save for our kids college" got to be a constant when we had conversation about our present and future lives. They were all college, I was both college and/or skilled labor. My life was spent around many, mostly men, with several college degrees, and men that worked in, or owned their own skilled labor companies.

Been saying the same thing on these forums over the 2+ decades I have posted. College is not the only Avenue for a successful and happy life. I worked right next to a good friend that had 2 College degrees. He occasionally liked to remind me of that. My reply never changed: "and here you are working right next to me, with only a GED".

Mike has his own show on FBN with new shows with that same title, Dirty Jobs. He is a very smart and common sense man, and I believe everyone can learn something from listening to his views on life in general, and more specifically when it comes to earning a good living.

Happy to see you mention him in your thread title. Thank you,

hckynut 🇺🇸

@. Agree with All you've said .  I watch him on FBN as well. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vermint wrote:

@Lvqfan I also watch Fox...and so do a number of others here! There was a thread awhile back (don't remember if it was in TV and Movies, or what---but we were discussing how much we enjoy Gutfeld! and The Five.

I'm also a big admirer of Mike Rowe and his commen sense! 

@vermint 

That was a thread I posted and it got poofed! Guess the mods decided it was political since it was on Fox! God forbid we say say the wrong thing!

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@spumoni99 wrote:

@Lvqfan wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lvqfan   It would be nice to briefly know what he said especially since you don't mention where the interview was seen.

It was on Fox News.......I didn't want the rath of those who will throw me hate because I dare to watch Fox.  He was talking about the need for blue collar workers and that you could make a great living without a 4yr. collage degree.  Also, how he felt it started when they took shop classes and mechanics classes out of high schools and kids were made to feel that collage was the only way to make it in the world.

You don't need college but it does help with spelling!

why wouldn't one learn spelling in high school😏

Sorry ,  didn't read the posts before this so wasn't aware of what the post referred to.  Thought the reply meant you learn spelling in college 🤔 which made no sense.

Trusted Contributor

I saw that interview, too. I found it really interesting and like Mike Rowe a lot. Just a good, decent guy.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

Mike Rowe is also an accomplished opera singer. 

Esteemed Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

@Lvqfan wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lvqfan   It would be nice to briefly know what he said especially since you don't mention where the interview was seen.

It was on Fox News.......I didn't want the rath of those who will throw me hate because I dare to watch Fox.  He was talking about the need for blue collar workers and that you could make a great living without a 4yr. collage degree.  Also, how he felt it started when they took shop classes and mechanics classes out of high schools and kids were made to feel that collage was the only way to make it in the world.

You don't need college but it does help with spelling!

Why did you need to be unkind??? So uncalled for and lacks character.

Respected Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@vermint wrote:

@Lvqfan I also watch Fox...and so do a number of others here! There was a thread awhile back (don't remember if it was in TV and Movies, or what---but we were discussing how much we enjoy Gutfeld! and The Five.

I'm also a big admirer of Mike Rowe and his commen sense! 

@vermint 

That was a thread I posted and it got poofed! Guess the mods decided it was political since it was on Fox! God forbid we say say the wrong thing!

@Sapphiregal I didn't realize it got poofed! It seemed perfectly civil to me...thought we were just discussing the two shows in general, and how much we enjoyed them. Maybe there were some posts I didn't see.

Esteemed Contributor

I have always enjoyed Mike Rowe. He is very smart and offers good advice. He has done alot to help people acquire skills that are needed in our country..He has a series called Dirty Jobs.