Honored Contributor

Re: Just listened to an interview with Mike Rowe (Q alum)

@Trailrun23 wrote:

I have seen Mike Rowe on the Fox Business channel several times. 

Also on the History Channel. I love his philosophy regarding the importance of having a job....no matter what kind of job, and how it uplifts the spirit and feeling of accomplishment and self-worth. His foundation helps so many people with education 

and jobs..we need more people like Mike. He knows blue-collar jobs have helped build America.

I wonder what he thinks of the current AI race.

Respected Contributor

Like "misplelled" that I was referring to also? 😉

Honored Contributor

Mike was the only Q host that could sell a product while mocking how ridiculous it is. 837514213.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Lvqfan   On the surface, Rowe's idea makes sense.   From the inside of that world, the solution is not nearly as neatly packaged.

Respected Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

Exactly!  I actually noticed that soon after and corrected but like I said I spell thing wrong also when I know how they are suppose to be spelled.

Respected Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

Thats funny I didn't realize you spelled it that way also...I thought you were referring to my spelling, I did the same thing!!!!   See any of us can do it so I really meant no harm.

Respected Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

@Lvqfan wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lvqfan   It would be nice to briefly know what he said especially since you don't mention where the interview was seen.

It was on Fox News.......I didn't want the rath of those who will throw me hate because I dare to watch Fox.  He was talking about the need for blue collar workers and that you could make a great living without a 4yr. collage degree.  Also, how he felt it started when they took shop classes and mechanics classes out of high schools and kids were made to feel that collage was the only way to make it in the world.

You don't need college but it does help with spelling!

@spumoni99 Not necessarily, lol! My DH is a college graduate...can't spell (or punctuate correctly) to save his life! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Lvqfan 

I first learned of Mike Rowe in 2005 when I watched his show, Dirty Jobs. Saw many interviews with him and realized he was saying the same things I have been saying for decades. The arguments I had with co-workers when we differed on choices of future careers for the young.

The "gotta save for our kids college" got to be a constant when we had conversation about our present and future lives. They were all college, I was both college and/or skilled labor. My life was spent around many, mostly men, with several college degrees, and men that worked in, or owned their own skilled labor companies.

Been saying the same thing on these forums over the 2+ decades I have posted. College is not the only Avenue for a successful and happy life. I worked right next to a good friend that had 2 College degrees. He occasionally liked to remind me of that. My reply never changed: "and here you are working right next to me, with only a GED".

Mike has his own show on FBN with new shows with that same title, Dirty Jobs. He is a very smart and common sense man, and I believe everyone can learn something from listening to his views on life in general, and more specifically when it comes to earning a good living.

Happy to see you mention him in your thread title. Thank you,

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Lvqfan wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lvqfan   It would be nice to briefly know what he said especially since you don't mention where the interview was seen.

It was on Fox News.......I didn't want the rath of those who will throw me hate because I dare to watch Fox.  He was talking about the need for blue collar workers and that you could make a great living without a 4yr. collage degree.  Also, how he felt it started when they took shop classes and mechanics classes out of high schools and kids were made to feel that collage was the only way to make it in the world.

@Lvqfan @Saw it , he is great !   He always makes such sense ,  I agree with learning a craft .  Not all people need to go to college ,  not the only way .  He seems such an all around nice guy ,  not bad on the eyes either 😉

Esteemed Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

@Lvqfan wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

You don't need college but it does help with spelling!

why wouldn't one learn spelling in high school😏